Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #51  
So I made a deal on a new Powerstar 110 New Holland last week. Good deal, and I trust the dealer.

I asked him if I could come in the first part of this week now, and pick up my new tractor?

He said that was a service dept question, as the service dept is a bit backlogged now. But to call the service mgr. and tell him what I wanted done to the tractor, and see how long the wait is.

Okay... So I called the service mgr., and he took down what tractor and what I wanted done. (Just tire sealant added, really.) I asked him when he could get that out for me?

Ummm... we have a stack of tractors to make ready that are already sold. Maybe a bit more than 2 weeks.

🤨

Really? This is the 3rd piece of equipment I've bought at this dealer. I never had to wait before. I know it's all labor related. Getting someone to work, or show up for work. Or even getting qualified help of any sort. But it's really pretty disgusting to have to deal with this. Time is money.

Anyone else having these issues? It's a first for me.
“Just tire sealant” Pick up the tractor and take it to a tire shop after you made arrangements with them to do it.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #52  
“Just tire sealant” Pick up the tractor and take it to a tire shop after you made arrangements with them to do it.
Or do it yourself, lots of sealants available today and certainly not a big deal to install them either.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor
Or do it yourself, lots of sealants available today and certainly not a big deal to install them either.
The tire sealant is put in during the PDI, so the sealant isn't the issue. Just waiting in line to be PDI'd behind all the others.

I saw the PDI guy's clipboard, so I know he's swamped.

Hurry up and wait... :D

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #54  
Something I've never used along with liquid ballast. No need with cast centers and I've never had a flat related to a rim leak or puncture either.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #55  
2 years ago when I bought my Kubota BV round bailer, hay tools were very hard to get so my dealer asked me if he could keep and show mine at the local county fairs and I still had my NH 450 anyway (traded it on the BV) so he basically had my new round bailer for the entire summer but he did offset the payments for me (I financed the balance with Kubota Credit which wasn't a lot but I got 0 percent financing. Kind of 'paid rent' on it. Worked for me and allowed him to increase sales.

If I had bought it outright that wouldn't have worked but I didn't.

Something I've never used along with liquid ballast. No need with cast centers and I've never had a flat related to a rim leak or puncture either.
Down here I need it.

I do all of my work out on remote ranches and can be a couple miles from my pickup, air compressor and plug kit. I need a sealant that will plug a good sized hole... Usually I put in lots of MultiSeal 2500HD. It'll plug a 3/4" hole. Been there and done that.

dU3l0PO.png

sfbthQE.jpg

This is sandy country here, so when it gets wet, ballast in the tires will get you stuck up to the axles, so I don't use liquid filled tires.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #57  
Been there and done that waiting on a loader to be installed on mine when new. Best a person can do in the purchasing of a new tractor is a percentage down and balance on delivery. Pay up front with a promise of, puts you on a dealers back burner when a problem occurs.
When I read "I trust my dealer" I knew you had let down all your defenses if a problem occured.
We are living in times were Lies are just every day interactions and reputation is something grandpa told you existed in the Good Old Days which really wasn't so good when you study the truth about them.
This is a crumby attitude.
As if dealers make a living on lying to the public.
Doesn't matter what "the good ole days" were to some, but we as a company would rather suffer an injustice that create one for the customer.

Last edited:
   / Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #58  
I am at a loss when people make statements like this.

"Prep work" or as you state that includes pdi, is an "essential" part of the job and is far from the "prepping" done at auto dealerships where a car simply gets washed and waxed by a lot boy and what we do at our place in regard to pre delivery, has no other purpose than to create the best viability of the product.

You best know your stuff if you're going to be inspecting a tractor for delivery.

Of the 10 people employed at the dealership I work at, only two are qualified for pre delivery inspection of tractors: our best mechanic and myself and believe me, there is nothing relaxing about it.
It is a dead serious entity.
Your dealer is not the "normal" All the tractor and atv dealers here use the summmer students and the bottom grease monkey's to do the PDI's and assemblies.

This is a crumby attitude.
As if dealers make a living on lying to the public.
Doesn't matter what "the good ole days" were to some, but we a s company would rather suffer and injustice that create one for the customer.

Yeah, they won't get far down the road with lying or cheating.

My dealer is family owned and operated for 83 years now. 3rd generation now.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #60  
Your dealer is not the "normal" All the tractor and atv dealers here use the summmer students and the bottom grease monkey's to do the PDI's and assemblies.
Don't exist here at all. Summer students have no desire to do anything other than play on cell phones and party. Part time seasonal help is non-existent here.