Amazing...

/ Amazing... #21  
Most LE are there to protect and serve and not harass.
It used to be that way. The Supreme Court has ruled on that too. "The police have no duty to protect you." They may or may not, but they have no duty to do so. Most police agencies have removed the statement from vehicles after the ruling.

/ Amazing...
Again, not here. All the local LE cars say 'Protect and Serve' State police no but then state police here are a cut above the local LE.

/ Amazing... #23  
I have a 1996 F250 and have had several people stop at MY HOUSE to ask if I wanted to sell it. Not for sale. Pre emission diesel are getting harder to find and in good condition more valuable daily. I bought the truck for 5K and so far have sunk about 10k into it. New ZF5 and southbend clutch, adrenaline HPOP, Irate efuel, injectors, SPturboost CHRA and wheel and basically everything on the engine is new. Burns zero oil between changes. I also have a pre emission LB7 Duramax not for sale either. 35K is good money but it aint gonna be easy to replace. Good condition OBS Fords are going for 15k-20K Mint are about what you got.

/ Amazing... #25  
...and I thought and have observed the asking (and getting) prices on pre Tier 4 Kubota's was high. Guess everything Pre Tier 4 is commanding high prices as well.

I was just offered and took 35 thousand for my 1997 Ford F350 long bed, 4 door pickup truck. Just turned 100K and has always been garaged and in the winter up here, has never seen snow or salt. No rust anywhere, super clean inside and out.

Bought it new in 1997 and paid a bit less than 35 for it.

Told the guy, cash only and he said no issue and will complete the transaction mid week next week. Gave me 5 grand down btw. private sale, didn't even advertise it, 100% word of mouth.

Only stipulation is, no 100 dollar bills. Too many counterfeit hundreds floating around today.

I don't use it much anymore since I'm not delivering rounds. The Kaufman tandem axle goose neck is next to go. Don't need that either and the camper as well. At our age, a motel is the better alternative. Camper is always kept inside as well and purchased new
So did the sucker, er "buyer" ever come through with the actual cash?

Can I interest the guy in some ocean front property in AZ?

Cash only, small bills...

/ Amazing...
So did the sucker, er "buyer" ever come through with the actual cash?

Can I interest the guy in some ocean front property in AZ?

Cash only, small bills...
Yep. Ford OBS pickup trucks. especially with a forged rod 7.3 and 4 wheel drive are worth boo-coo bucks today.

/ Amazing... #27  
I've never had that issue here. Not that I do and candidly, I have not been stopped by LE for anything in at least 50 years anyway and that includes 40 driving a commercial tractor trailer. You obey the law and don't act stupid, you won't be stopped. LE tends to stop people that look suspicious. I don't. Not something that concerns me at all.

Additionally, if any LE runs my plate they will find out I hold a Concealed Carry Permit and here in Michigan to get one you'd better be squeaky clean.

If you act gulty and appear guilty, you will get stopped.
I do not think Tinhack was implying you would not be squeaky clean but rather that LE has a vested interest in finding the cash as eventually most of said cash goes into their department coffers.

/ Amazing...
I do not think Tinhack was implying you would not be squeaky clean but rather that LE has a vested interest in finding the cash as eventually most of said cash goes into their department coffers.
Part of it went in the savings and loan last week, 5 grand. Don't need any S&L doing a paper trail on me to the Fed. Any deposit over 10 grand will generate a paper trail. How they caught the ***** clan btw. Gonna do 5 grand a week until it's all deposited.

/ Amazing... #29  
Gonna do 5 grand a week until it's all deposited.
I read up on the subject before depositing $44K not long ago. It's actually worse to do several below 10K deposits than one larger one. Many smaller deposits apparently do raise suspicions.

Yes, they now know that I deposited that much, and while I told the teller the truth (that I'd squirreled away money for a while as I sold cars and stuff) I doubt that that info was relayed.

/ Amazing... #30  
Part of it went in the savings and loan last week, 5 grand. Don't need any S&L doing a paper trail on me to the Fed. Any deposit over 10 grand will generate a paper trail. How they caught the ***** clan btw. Gonna do 5 grand a week until it's all deposited.

Not a good idea... It's called Structuring. A possible red flag too.