Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,231  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,232  
Yes she was kinda ok, sick for a few days but finally ok.
How the heck are ya doing?
Yes, I wouldn't expect anyone could get stung 17 times, & just shrug it off, I figured there be a few days to recoup.
All good here enjoying the weather in the high 70's-low 80's, keeping busy. How about yourself?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,233  
Yes, I wouldn't expect anyone could get stung 17 times, & just shrug it off, I figured there be a few days to recoup.
All good here enjoying the weather in the high 70's-low 80's, keeping busy. How about yourself?
Cooking alive here in the mid-high 90s but maintaining just fine. Waiting for it to cool off a bit to cut some more lumber trees.. too freaking hot right now!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,234  
ning's estimate seems to be a good theoretical one but the practical rule of thumb I see in the loggers hand book and agrees with the work I do is that it takes about 2 cord to make 1000 BF using the 1/4" international log scale. Which takes into account the kerf losses and average losses due to unseen defects inside the log.

The picture of my truck in post 22,207 has 510 BF International.

gg
That picture looks exactly what I will have. Thanks for the replies.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,236  
It's probably sunny, cool with a nice breeze, right now in Colorado. lol

SR
Oh... funny man! NOT! And lets see,its the afternoon so its probably raining, not enough to do any good, just enough to piss you off! NASTY PLACE!
Thanks for the ride down memory lane...NOT!!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,237  
I was in Flagstaff Arizona this week for work with 78f temps! Came home last night and it is 107F here now. Ready to go back already. :ROFLMAO:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,238  
I REALLY like my PJ trailer it just pulls so nice! But it just beats the fenders up, to load/haul logs with it, so today I set it up for hauling logs,

Resized-20230818-153722-S.jpg

This really didn't cost me much of anything as I sawed out all the lumber with my BSM. Here's a closer view,

Resized-20230818-153732-S.jpg

I'm going to make a couple small changes to it later, when I have more time.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,239  
I REALLY like my PJ trailer it just pulls so nice! But it just beats the fenders up, to load/haul logs with it, so today I set it up for hauling logs,

Resized-20230818-153722-S.jpg

This really didn't cost me much of anything as I sawed out all the lumber with my BSM. Here's a closer view,

Resized-20230818-153732-S.jpg

I'm going to make a couple small changes to it later, when I have more time.

SR
That may also make it easier to unload. 👍
You don’t want your good trailer to look like that poor abused firewood workhorse!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,240  
Yesterday, my day started off pretty good, my friend wanted to do firewood, so off we went to start taking apart, these two big oaks I cut down a couple weeks ago.

Resized-20230807-133315-S.jpg

We got started by making the first cuts on the ground,

Resized-20230819-141328-S.jpg

Then I'd lift the logs up onto my wagon and we'd make the finish cuts,

Resized-20230819-142929-S.jpg

Some of these logs were pretty big around,

Resized-20230819-160908-S.jpg

and everything was going good, UNTIL my buddy says, "hey your front wheel is crooked", so I jump off to have a look,

Resized-20230819-153737-S.jpg

OUCH! This isn't going to be a cheeep fix! It's time to go see the parts man!! lol

Resized-20230819-153737-SAS.jpg

anyway, this is what we got done before everything went south!

Resized-20230819-160842-S.jpg

Tomorrow will be a parts day, well probably a parts "order" day...

SR