Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #191  
Why won’t you jump on their bandwagon? :rolleyes:
I never will for a couple reasons... One they seem to self combust at the most inopportune times (like parked in your attached garage in burn your house down) or being transported in a RoRo ship like the Fermantle Highway and combust and destroy not only the ship but most of the other vehicles and cause loss of life due to the seamen abandoning the ship, or the Ocean Ray that capsized in Wilmington Bay and cost over a billon bucks to salvage and it caught fire numerous times from combusting EV's inside. Of course there will no salvage cars in that one, all junk as was the ship itself and so is the Fermantle Highway, It will be sent to the ship breakers and reduced to scrap.

That and the fact that now ferry operators will not allow any EV's to board their ships. The risk from the batteries getting wet on any crossing was enough for them to say NO.

Secondly, I reside in flyover country at least 15 miles form any charger and a solar array won't do a damn thing for me because it will be snow covered in the winter and unlike out west, we get more cloudy days than sunny days anyway and when the sun don't shine or the wind (don't blow the snow off) panels become expensive rocks,

Finally, my car averages 40 mpg, even with the AC on and if I really drive frugally, 42 mpg and I'm good with that, plus I don't motor all that much to begin with. I'm gainfully retired at 73 and no need to go anywhere unnecessary.

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #192  
I’m sure that Saudi Arabia and Russia jointly announcing they were going to cut back production didn’t have anything to do with worldwide supply and pricing. Nor the willingness of the US companies to export more to fill demand and capture the higher prices.
Exports have remained relatively steady over the last year. We import more oil than we export as the majority of U.S. refineries were built for refining heavy crude. But with refining capacity for light sweet crude oil from the Permian Basin increasing, there isn't a need to send it overseas to be refined and brought back as finished products.

1694699990659.png

1694699721197.png

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #193  
Secondly, I reside in flyover country at least 15 miles form any charger and a solar array won't do a damn thing for me because it will be snow covered in the winter and unlike out west, we get more cloudy days than sunny days anyway and when the sun don't shine or the wind (don't blow the snow off) panels become expensive rocks,
New business opportunity - solar panel snow removal, automatic defrost grids :ROFLMAO:

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #194  
Right - coal fire powered solar panel defrosters. :ROFLMAO:
Life gets more insane the older we get.

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #195  
Exports have remained relatively steady over the last year. We import more oil than we export as the majority of U.S. refineries were built for refining heavy crude. But with refining capacity for light sweet crude oil from the Permian Basin increasing, there isn't a need to send it overseas to be refined and brought back as finished products.

View attachment 821180

View attachment 821178
That’s a positive move in terms of domestic refining capacity for Permian basin oil. My state does have a few refineries for our Permian basin oil and it is sold locally. It sure doesn’t make sense that a lot of the Texas Permian basin oil is exported because there is insufficient refining capability in the US to use our oil from the most productive oil field in the world.

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #196  
If the Starlink Dishy antenna has the ability to defrost, you wonder why a solar panel can't be made to do the same.

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #197  
"Drilling cutbacks" covers Saudi and Russia. When you say export, are you talking oil or gasoline. Keep in mind the title of the thread, Midwest gasoline which points me toward refineries.
Good point. But both are exported.

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #198  
New business opportunity - solar panel snow removal, automatic defrost grids :ROFLMAO:
My plate at 73 is way too full as it is. I farm (grow and harvest alfalfa hay and it's always sold ahead of time), I own and manage a short run machine and fabrication shop and have 2 part time, very skilled employees, plus I grind commercial brush chipper knives and grind saw chains for all the local arborists plus I work on their equipment (I have a 60 foot Hi-Ranger bucket truck coming in that needs new hydraulic hoses installed in the retractable mast and they have to be special non static conducting hoses as well), plus I dealing with liver cancer presently).

We do certified welding on all types of metal here as well. We weld in TIG, pulsed arc MIG as well as spray arc high deposition MIG. Heavy repair and fabrication on loader buckets, tooth replacement and hard surfacing as well.

Not bad for being retired at 73 actually. I'd like to slow down but my customers won't allow that and I'm busy right now which means it's an end to computer time for today... Tractor is idling, AC is on, time to go... Have a wonderful day, I will.

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #199  
If the Starlink Dishy antenna has the ability to defrost, you wonder why a solar panel can't be made to do the same.
Defrost using YOUR electricity on your dime plus the subscription fees. NO Thanks.

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #200  
"Drilling cutbacks" covers Saudi and Russia. When you say export, are you talking oil or gasoline. Keep in mind the title of the thread, Midwest gasoline which points me toward refineries.
Refineries of which the US has precious few. And even though based in the US, I think a few are foreign owned.