Amazon rant...

/ Amazon rant... #121  
Fed Ex operates the same as UPS does but with independent contractors who own multiple trucks and employ drivers instead of like UPS where the drivers are employees of the company. Again, I know as one of my good friends manages a 60 truck fleet contracted to Fed-Ex.

Addtionally, Fed-Ex contract drivers aren't union.
An Amazon van just left my place. The driver (female, very nice) when asked, was happy to say she is part-time and glad the holidays are here because she will be working at least 6/12 hour days.

/ Amazon rant... #123  
No shipping issue here (at my home in town). A package that routing shows departed Texas on Saturday arrived a day early, delivered together with a second package scheduled for today (Tuesday). My experience at the ranch is similar but plus one day, because they go to local USPS for rural delivery. No complaints.

Also Amazon - What arrived early was Inetub FC wire, discounted as 'Used, Very Good', $11.70. As I noted over on WeldingSite it arrived in excellent condition, the wire is flawless and the shink-wrap around it is still sealed. I've had good luck with this top grade of discounted customer returns or beat-up packaging. Lesser grades discounted more, not so much.

/ Amazon rant...
So she can stay afloat in this wonderful economy.
I was thinking the same thing. Key words 'Wonderful Economy'

I find it's not wonderful and getting worse pretty quickly Probably works more than one job to stay afloat. Obviously a lot of people are in that boat today.

Read on....

The church up town has a 'donation cabinet' set up in their outside alcove and she has been donating canned food like Dak canned hams and canned soup and for Thanksgiving she made up dinners with canned stuff and fixings and stuff they could prepare like box stuffing mix and she made up 25 'dinners' The stuff always gets picked up. We are hospitable people and we both believe in helping the needy and we can afford it, it's tight for us, but not that tight...yet.

Besides, I had an excellent year with the fab and welding shop despite the economy, I'm turning down work all the time and 99% of my work is by word of mouth. I don't advertise at all. They come to me because it's done right the first time and I don't gouge any of the, either. What I do, I do because for me, it's not work, but enjoyment.

Just ordered a new CNC plasma table that will come after the first of the year. The business made more than enough revenue to pay for it in full so I ordered it. Value added for it and I'll start cutting parts for myself as well as customers. I may get into making metal signage as well, who knows. Already quoted a big cut job and I don't even have the machine yet and I'll have to learn how to use it as well. All computer driven with conversational programming using their software. Very similar to my 3 axis Bridgeport Versa-Trak so the 'learning curve' should be pretty short, I hope. Need to line up a steel sheet supplier yet and a pipe supplier as I also bought their pipe cutting hardware and software. My old standby supplier folded, sign of the times I guess.

The farming (growing and selling hay) wasn't so good but if the weather don't cooperate, nothing I can do to alleviate that. I'm 100% dependent on Mother Nature to get a good crop and sell it and this year, Mother Nature and me didn't mesh very well. In fact my second cut got rained on more than once which caused me extra work tedding and raking it numerous times. I still baled and sold it because all hay was tough here this year but I had to reduce the price because of that. Fair is fair and what is right is right and I operate my fab and welding business the same way.

I never realized that there were folks up town that were 'up against it', but obviously there are. The up town' is always well kept and neat with nice homes.. I was very taken back by the amount of people who take the stuff.. It's always empty and we are constantly donating..

She is doing the same thing for Christmas as well, 25 Christmas dinners and adding candy canes for the kids.

The canned hams are real popular. She went to Gordon's Foods and bought a full case last week and candidly I like them as well. Been doing juice in cans as well. Anything that don't need refrigeration is game for us.

Makes us feel good as well, knowing that people get the stuff, don't know who they are and really don't care, but we try do do our part to help them out. Like I said, we can afford it so we do it.

Better than donating to some online 'cause' where a goodly part of your donation goes not to the needy, but to the org to cover their salaries. The way we are doing it. 100% goes to where it's needed and I'm sure greatly appreciated.

Guess I'm paving my road to Heaven and getting right with the Lord. I've done some bad things in the past I'm not proud of but I want to make sure I go to the right place, which most likely far off with my ongoing cancer issues and I'm old too.

One thing about having potentially terminal cancer is, it changes your perspectives on life and your attitudes 100%. I'm an entirely a different person than I was 7 years ago. Everything about my attitude and outlook on life in general has changed and for the good I might add..

I wish everyone on here even the ones I have on ignore, a blessed holiday season and a joyous Christmas and everyone needs to understand that none of us are here forever so think about what you do or say because in the end, you won't be here to make amends for your actions or words.

/ Amazon rant... #126  
5030, I got nuthing to add to that. You certainly are living right. May God bless and a long life to you. Those uptown folks could learn a thing or 2 about how to treat each other.
I nearly killed myself off once or twice. It will change your perspective if your heart and eyes are open.

/ Amazon rant...
I quit judging people a while ago. Everyone has their vices but helping out the needy like we are is a feel good thing for us. We also donate food and supplies to the local no kill animal shelter. Animals need help too, especially the abandoned ones. Where our Aussie Shephard came from and after 2 years, he's finally quit having nightmares. Animal's have feelings just like people do. Besides, he rules the roost now. Great pup and we are more than happy to have him. We want him to live a comfortable life. Wish we could adopt them all actually. Why we have 10 cats in the house. All strays and all appreciative of where they are now, well appreciative as cats can be...lol Got them outside too and they all get fed and cared for with exception.

/ Amazon rant... #128  
   / Amazon rant...
I'm not always. At my age and with the life experiences I have, I don't suffer fools very well and sometimes I let that out on here and it irks posters when I plainly tell them to 'read the manual' or approach an issue with the least expensive means. Some comments on here (and on the other few forums I belong to, people don't use common sense and then get ruffled when I state the obvious and posters on here (new ones at least) don't ever use the search feature. Lots of threads on here addressing their issues, if they only looked.

Been here a long time and I always use the search feature if I have an issue with something and I usually find an answer with that and don't post a thread when the answer is already in the 'Boss' server.

/ Amazon rant... #130  
I'm not always. ...
Bad people can do good and good people can do bad. Does not change what they are basically.