Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,621  
This may get you the ignore list of a member or two...LOL
No need to put anyone on ignore. I don't see anyone so focused on attacking another's character that this is all he ever posts about.

But ignore the thread? I check in about weekly and I haven't found any advance beyond what was already said many thousands of posts prior:

A. "Electric cars could never work. What if you forgot to charge it?"

B. "I've had mine for years, stopped at a public charger maybe twice over the years. NBD."

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,622  
My opinions with regard to EVs are just that, like everyone else's. My first and only car/truck loan was buying my first new car at 19 yo in 1971. Same with my wife in 1972. What strikes me that's so profound is over time they all have more "creature comforts" which to me means lazy. Back in the day (carburetor & Kettering ignition) you had to be able to tune & wrench on your ride, but that was the charm! To have the knowledge and ability to do it. Most, probably 99.9% think of having to tune & lube a car as a pita. My opinion is if you're unable to do that, change a flat, and easily get in & out, operate, hop up into a truck bed should you even be able to drive it?
The EV purpose was to lower pollution which they don't, instead (thanks to Elon's genius [seriously]) it's a fast easy contrivance getting you from point A to B by doing as little as possible. All along I've thought the final "convenience" would be inductive charging, charging as you drive (coils in the road), at home and stations since you wouldn't even have to plug it in and elimination of range anxiety.
Cars and trucks would be much less expensive if they were simple without all the tech junk we don't need or will use.
This is the $20K toaster I'll soon buy if local dealers have available. Not exactly my choice but the lesser evil.
2023_12_02_17.45.55.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,623  
This is the $20K toaster I'll soon buy if local dealers have available. Not exactly my choice but the lesser evil.
What is it? I'm interested too. If it's roughly equivalent to a Bolt but with some cargo space, that's what I'm looking for.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,624  
What is it? I'm interested too. If it's roughly equivalent to a Bolt but with some cargo space, that's what I'm looking for.
Hyundai Venue
We've had lots of Hyundai's & great service. Saves mileage on other cars & 10yr/100K warranty.
2023_12_02_19.34.17.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,625  

2023 Hyundai VENUE​

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,626  
The 2023 had a better looking front.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,627  
Hyundai Venue
We've had lots of Hyundai's & great service. Saves mileage on other cars & 10yr/100K warranty.
Thanks guys. I don't think I've ever seen one on the road.

After Consumer Reports rated Hyundai's Tucson Hybrid as their preferred hybrid SUV, I test drove one. It seemed nice. I agree Hyundai's previous styling looks better.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,628  

Charging a Lighting at Tesla Supercharger.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,629  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,630  
Per Ford:
"The F-150 Lightning with extended-range battery includes the 80A Ford Charge Station Pro as charging equipment. This allows a peak charging power of 19.2kW enabled by the extended-range's dual onboard chargers, which means a full charge from 15-100% in about 8 hours".
Per MotorTrend:
"How Long Does It Take to Charge a Tesla? Tesla Superchargers are the quickest way to charge a Tesla, adding up to 200 miles in 15 minutes. At a Supercharger, a full charge typically takes about an hour. Charging at home with a Tesla Wall Connector can be accomplished in less than 10 hours"
Per InsideEvs:
"Average supercharger cost 50c per KWh."
This equates to 19c/mile
Per Lightning Owners:
"What have you been paying monthly to charge your F-150 Lightning? $147 is what this well known owner is averaging it around."
My junker '93 F150 at 18mpg and gas here at $2.999/gal.=16.6c/mile
Conclusion: if you take the # of points on the Lightning fellows hat star, multiply by 15 (I'll be generous)...that's his I.Q.