Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,031  
Good Morning Guys,
Vt, 32 to start going to 38, snowing lightly now !

When are we going to get some sun.
Ron, I have been thinking the same thing ! Hopefully soon !
A few days ago, my father passed.
Mike, prayers to you and your family on your fathers passing ! At some point you might think about putting a plaque together in remembrance of your fathers service to our country ! I put one together for my Pop and hung it our living room wall along with the flag that was presented to us from the Navy !

Maybe a little puttering out in the wood shop today ! It is amazing how much garbage 10 people can create ! Dump run tomorrow ! ;)

Hope all have a blessed and safe day !

Attachments

• IMG_3594.jpeg
    IMG_3594.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 35
   / Good morning!!!! #183,032  
Prayers for you and family riptides sorry for the loss of your dad

35 cloudy breezy no snow in forecast only dreams so far. Ron I need to pay attention to your area as right now I'm ignorant I do know Great Lakes are not frozen leading to milder temperatures to the South although I do believe you are going to get cold in about 7 to 10 days

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #183,033  
nice looking dog Frits, boy does he want to play...
c'mon Dad, chuck it! I'll get it!

old folks across the street had their small tv go out on top of the kitchen fridge.
It was ancient and yellowed. Fridge was lined with mold. Sigh.
Anyway...I had a 24" Visio in my guest bedroom not being used, particularly since I turned off cable, and
I sold it to them for 50 bucks. A really good deal for a zero hour decent smart tv.
It didn't work, saying no signal.
Comcast comes out and fixes it, now tv works and yes you can see now.
other tv was tiny and they must have been squinting at it.

and this one fits. And now works with better sound so they can see better.
But.
there always seems to be a but....
I need to adjust the color, make it brighter, how do i do that?
ok....of course it's online so I cut and paste the relevant manual instructions.
oh that doesn't work on either remote, not on Comcast's either.

I had to deal with this constantly when I owned my Radio Shack and sold a ton of small
tvs and electronics, always had to be able to teach how things work.
so, over I go at 10 am this morning with a printout of the instructions, two new AAA batteries,
just for good karma.... and will see if I can find the color intensity control.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,034  
Good Morning
36° out there this morning under grey skies. Dry, with good visibility, but grey nonetheless. Temp won’t go up even 10° throughout the day.

Yesterday, I cleaned up and puttered in the shop, went out to lunch with the oldest son via the little plane. I can’t remember if I posted yesterday, but we put a new LED tail nav light/strobe on it Thursday.
IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

So now all the nav lights and landing light have been converted to LED.

Today, Zoe and I are in the shop hiding from the house cleaners. They are not huge dog fans, and Zoe is a huge dog that can’t control her licker. So we stay away from them so they can work without distraction.
This won’t last all day, but I don’t know for sure what we will do once we are paroled.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,035  
48 going to 57 with light rain expected. Need to pick rocks out of the field for mowing. One more bucket should do it and it should finish up my rock bed creek crossing experiment.
Last 2 days piddling around with a driveway drag. Good results in the 3/4" rock after putting 1.5" tall skids on the drag to ensure the gravel thickness stays consistent. Finally happy with the results.
Waiting for more parts to set up the plasma cutter. Much anticipation. Not sure what all is on the to do list today.
Enjoy your day!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,038  
Had a nice hike in the mountains yesterday, in and out of clouds most of the time. On one side trail met up with three nice ladies riding horses.
Sounds like the start of a very nice fairy tale..... :)

Good evening all. 30ºF for the start, mostly clear, moderate breeze. Light wind, moderate gusts, variable cloudiness, and high temp was 52ºF. Make coffee, groom ashes, rebuild fire in insert, shower and go pick up truck at dealer. Check engine light was for left catalytic converter, no charge. Got some anti histamine while in town, not working tonight :(. watched YouTube then bike ride. made pot of hamburger stroganoff for dinner.
Love me some hamburger stroganoff. Hope the CEL stays away. Did they actually do anything or just cancel it? Here's my sermon, if your vehicle has over 75k miles, I recommend new front O2 sensors, like a tune up part. They keep the info for the fuel injection accurate, which leads to longer lasting cats.
Hope the antihistamines start working. I'm still coughing up clearish phlegm. Have more energy, but not enough to keep up with Billy and Don.

31 outside this AM. Hope to have an OK day.

These last six (6) Decembers have taken a toll on my family.

A few weeks ago we lost a family friend in an aircraft accident.

A few days ago, my father passed.

Yet more friends to Arlington, now my father too. This AM I will make a road trip to start the interment process for my Dad. I find comfort in knowing he served his nation proudly and will be amongst his friends.

"The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour."
Judges 6:12

Hoping all health and happiness in the New Year.
Oh my Mike, prayers for your family. Condolences for your father. To be interned at Arlington is an honor, not one you long for, but one you will appreciate hopefully in the future. The greatest generation. Sorry also about your loss of your friend.

Kyle sometimes it takes heat and brute force. Glad it worked. I straightened an axel hub one time that required lots of heat. Got it fixed but exceeded the withdraw rate for Acetylene and ruined the regulator. Have to be careful when using the rose buds for heating. A full size tank or bank of tanks will be needed when using the bigger rose buds
I can repair my own regulators now. It takes a special ER type collet, that can grip the regulator's internal part (seat assembly) that actually has the rubber sealing face on it. I have researched that viton rubber is good for O2 and acetylene. You have to buy the viton the correct thickness, then cut out rounds, then accurately punch a small hole in the center to make the repair rubbers. *Try this at your own risk. O2 regulators require special oil free handling. Perfectly clean and dry before reassembly. I usually use nitrile gloves.

M7040, your dog is ready to play.

I need some semi-drying gasket sealer, once I get the K46 tufftorq ready to assemble. I should have an old tube somewhere around here, but it would be OLD. Not sure if good or not. Also need some of the Mobil 1 oil they recommend.

Changed the oil in the daughter's car (my car actually). 350,246 miles on it. Still runs pretty good, burns very little oil. I had to add 1/2 quart in 4000 miles. Had to put cam and new lifters in it at 250K, it had to get a new tranny at 150K. 20 years old this past year.

Got my ears lowered this AM.

Sodamo, I think we've all had a case of "smitten" at one time or another in our younger years. Reminiscing about what ifs of "the one that got away".....I am now smitten with my wifey, and we all know you are too with Sophie. Thanks for sharing. Hope your pump helps conserve energy.

RichB1, How's this year's flat track shaping up for you? I see they are racing at the 1/2 mile at Texas Motor Speedway. I didn't like the races there 5 or 6 years ago. The corners are banked for stock cars and it made for 1 lane, down low racing.

Popgadget, I wonder how much lower your amperage load is in your plane with all the LED lights? I'm betting they are much brighter. Thanks for showing the pics of all the planes in line. Wondering how much buffeting you get when the big jet in front of you has to power up to move from a standstill? Most of us don't realize the peripheral issues of aviation. I would guess patience is a good thing at that point. No "Karens" allowed in the line. LOL.

Scotty, has the home quieted down yet? We had my 19 month old nephew here for a few days, and it was tough keeping up with him. He was getting into EVERYTHING. starting the dishwasher, losing the remotes about the house, pulling off the tree's ornaments. Biting my tongue for the most part, but when they tried to feed him rice and cut up chicken nuggets on our living room carpet, I had to say something. His mom quickly complied, not sure what she was thinking.... The little tyke still likes me. Gave me hug goodbye and shunned my wife. Hahahaha. The chihuahua and he struck up a good symbiotic relationship with all the food on the floors....faster than a roomba.

Helogabals, I love your stories. I agree, I don't know how well the wood on wood drawers will sell.

My friend's brother passed away back in November, well I found out he was the top financial officer for IKEA furniture at their headquarters in Europe. My friend has said that the company has been fantastic, assisting with his death and all the logistics and legal stuff.

Cold every morning 32Fish. Jack frost. going up to upper 50's.

Prayers for our team, nation, and for Ukraine and Israel.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,039  
nice looking dog Frits, boy does he want to play...
c'mon Dad, chuck it! I'll get it!

old folks across the street had their small tv go out on top of the kitchen fridge.
It was ancient and yellowed. Fridge was lined with mold. Sigh.
Anyway...I had a 24" Visio in my guest bedroom not being used, particularly since I turned off cable, and
I sold it to them for 50 bucks. A really good deal for a zero hour decent smart tv.
It didn't work, saying no signal.
Comcast comes out and fixes it, now tv works and yes you can see now.
other tv was tiny and they must have been squinting at it.

and this one fits. And now works with better sound so they can see better.
But.
there always seems to be a but....
I need to adjust the color, make it brighter, how do i do that?
ok....of course it's online so I cut and paste the relevant manual instructions.
oh that doesn't work on either remote, not on Comcast's either.

I had to deal with this constantly when I owned my Radio Shack and sold a ton of small
tvs and electronics, always had to be able to teach how things work.
so, over I go at 10 am this morning with a printout of the instructions, two new AAA batteries,
just for good karma.... and will see if I can find the color intensity control.
Many times, going though the motions and making appropriate noises and then saying “I intensified the color and maxed the brightness, you should be good to go” is good enough… BTDT