Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,831  
I saw today that Hybrid sales are on the rise as EVs are declining. They offer a lot of benefit’s. No range issues, fuel savings, and lower acquisition cost.
If I was ever to buy a new vehicle (which I'm not at least until they become sane priced, it would 100% be a hybrid. If all those dead and not chargeable Tesla's were hybrids, they would all be motoring along. My buddy just bought a Ford F150 Hybrid and he likes it and it gets close to 30 mpg. Far as I'm concerned that is the only way to go.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,832  
I saw today that Hybrid sales are on the rise as EVs are declining. They offer a lot of benefit’s. No range issues, fuel savings, and lower acquisition cost.
You got that backwards but I'm sure you already knew that.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,833  
Agree for Pickups that haul over distance. Right where GM made a Big mistake by not upsizing the Volt drivetrain.

This cold deal has shown what to expect for range loss ( a 30-45% loss for me when well below zero* F) that LFP batteries suffer more than NMC and that some of Tesla's older charging station units need some repair, replacement, or updates when it gets this cold.

I hope companies like Tesla take what they learn from this mess in Chicago and apply some fixes and train people to buy the right battery chemistry if they will see lots of really cold weather. Even chosing the AWD models since they can warm a battery quicker so it will charge in less time..

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,834  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,835  
I wonder how the Chinese toasters will impact the domestic market. I think we all know that even with a tariff, they can undersell everyone if they want to.

I see they just commissioned their own RoRo ship to haul them to wherever. Hopefully, they don't have the same issue the Fermantle Highway did.

One thing about the Chinese and that is, they are all about cutting out any middleman in their operations.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,836  
Haven't been up to Rouge lately so I cannot comment on the amount of Lightening pickups or E-stangs in the holding lot but I need to go take a gander soon. Last time I was there, they were stacked up like cordwood.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,838  
I wonder just how bad relations will get?

Not much happening if we are trading shots directly or by proxy.

Just a couple years ago things were looking up… old abandoned inner city being rejuvenated without tax money… the world was safer, borders were starting to mean something and Americans pretty much had Carte Blanche when it came to traveling.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,839  
Lucid makes quite a car for quite the price and overcomes negatives as far as range, charge time while off the chart performance…

Aside from price I have my doubts a small niche company with low volume has longevity.
BUT and it's a big BUT, Saudi Arabia's public wealth fund owns 62% of Lucid, so there's that...