Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,831  
Not much sleep here.
One son developed water in the lungs and was hospitalized
Another son had thoughts of suicide. Was trying to talk to him as long as we could. Hope he got help
Prayers for them and for you as well. We have a family member with some instability-- it is a very rough patch.

27F this morning. The Blizzard arrived at our house yesterday. Half a foot of snow overnight. Heavy snow forecast for today. More snow tomorrow.

Power is out at our CA place so all my remote cameras are down. Just have to wonder what is going on there.

Interstate 80 is closed and was closed most of yesterday. Closing it is a major deal due to the volume of trucks and vehicles that use it. Every time a severe snowstorm hits I think of the Donner Party.

My meeting in CA is now set for Tuesday. Yikes. There might be a 4-6 hour respite from the Blizzard Monday morning. We *might* try to traverse Donner Summit then-- but more likely we will cancel again. I-80 may not even be open by then, and if so, will likely be clogged with trucks going 20mph with chains on.

Attachments

• I80closed.jpg
    I80closed.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Blizzard2.jpg
    Blizzard2.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 40
   / Good morning!!!! #186,832  
Good morning, the low is 33 and the high going to 41°F. Wind SSW 7 mph. 30% chance of showers.

I have a tree feller coming here today. I have 11 trees to come down, 8 of them out back and 3 threatening the driveway and sheds. The three are widow makers.

I have a new office chair I am breaking in. Quite different to the one I was in yesterday and for the past 6 years.

When I was hauling freight, the dispatcher was the one that was pushing for me to run through snow storms. I track the storms and on more than one occasion I had tracked the storm to go south of the great lakes and the dispatcher would route me south of the lakes, even though there was a clear route north of the lakes he would still route me south. That lasted one storm and then I decided that the job wasn't worth my life and went the way I felt safest. That idiot was in Winnipeg, MB. Fire me if you want, I don't give a crap.

People with back trouble will have it all their lives. Myself, I have degenerative disk disease, 3 disks stacked together, all egg shaped. That was diagnosed back in my mid 30's. I was advised against fusing them. I am now 77 and still going strongish. I do have to be careful, but that doesn't mean do nothing.

Kyle, your son will have to look after his back for the rest of his life, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. He just cannot overdo it getting there.

M7040, good thoughts and well wishes for both of your sons.

Stay safe all

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,833  
Prayers for your sons Frits. Prayers for you and wifey.

Thanks for the prayers for my son. He can't use his arms to lift anything of any weight. He can't raise them up but just a little. He rolled off the couch onto the carpet, and he couldn't get up as his problem is too painful to use his arms. I had to help him up. Taking him at 9 to get another xray. I got a feeling I'm going to need to take him for further eval and help, which means an hour's drive to a bigger city.

Ron, sounds like fun helping neighbor get a tractor.

Billy, nice pics of the cabin. Hope the climb back up wasn't too tough. I'm impressed by your hiking abilities.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,834  
Prayers for your sons Frits. Prayers for you and wifey.

Thanks for the prayers for my son. He can't use his arms to lift anything of any weight. He can't raise them up but just a little. He rolled off the couch onto the carpet, and he couldn't get up as his problem is too painful to use his arms. I had to help him up. Taking him at 9 to get another xray. I got a feeling I'm going to need to take him for further eval and help, which means an hour's drive to a bigger city.

Ron, sounds like fun helping neighbor get a tractor.

Billy, nice pics of the cabin. Hope the climb back up wasn't too tough. I'm impressed by your hiking abilities.
Kyle, hope for the best with son. Sounds a little like what I went through with rotator cuff injury except is on both sides. Same issue could not lift arm up and very painful.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,835  
very pleased to report no leaks at all when water put back on in rv.
I put the slide out, cleaned and mopped, will take it to TSC tomorrow or the next day to get
propane. Heat came on fine, I have a small electric heater on low in there.
found all my paper napkins chewed up.
Have to replace them, and will put them in a gallon baggie next time.
after two mice in traps, I think I got the perps.

lot of rain in the ten day forecast

/ Good morning!!!! #186,836  
More rain has arrived in southern CA. Local lakes already at record high levels. Cars and Coffee canceled. I plan on a trip to the gun store today to look at shotguns instead. Visited an old friend yesterday. Set up a solar powered gate alarm so they will know when somebody is coming up the long drive before they arrive. I've been using cameras and motion alarms for a long time for home security.
Of course 6 dogs are the best alarm system, lol.
Here are some pics of my friends woodwork. He is making these wild decorative vases. Gluing up exotic woods and turning them in his lathe. I thought some of you might enjoy...

Attachments

• IMG_3655.JPG
    IMG_3655.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3654.JPG
    IMG_3654.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3656.JPG
    IMG_3656.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 47
   / Good morning!!!! #186,837  
Morning all, 43 to 53 and continued rain for today.
Got 4 shelve slats sanded, only 8 to go.
Son got asked back to job at ice cream place in town. Will start tomorrow.
He is really happy about that which is great.

Hope the procedure goes well Wagtail, doesn't sound like fun.

Wife of a coworker died from Cancer yesterday. Good people, sad day.

Kyle - hope son ok and just a pulled muscle or something simple. Prayers sent.

M7040 - kids keep you up at night, hope they all get well soon. Never easy.

Might as well go work on shelves since it's raining.

Be well,

Some of the shelves are rusty and stained. Some good sanding and a few coats of paint should make them presentable.
20240301_164452.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #186,839  
63°F and .08 inches rain

Did get the Dogs area mowed in spite of it being thick and still wet. I’m sure the boys appreciate.

Also got run to PO and dump.

Food shuffled around between the freezers. That was cold.

Initial report on the Scag, nothing really definitive. Did order set of new gaskets. His compression test a bit lower on one side, 89 vs my 100. One head bolt low torque.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #186,840  
Good Afternoon Scootr,
Very nice turnings by your friend! Thanks for posting ! I see he has a Grizzly lathe, I have their 15” thickness planer and also their 3 hp shaper ! I have had these tools forever !

Have a good afternoon!