Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,791  
El Nino is apparently turning into La Nina, representing a periodic cooling of waters in Pacific
expected result is warmer weather for central and Eastern US.
this is good news for some South American cities that are running out of water, apparently La Nina
brings them wetter weather.

the real question is whether La Nina will bring Scootr and Ted any more rain
or will it get even drier

/ Good morning!!!! #188,792  
60 outside right now, may head to 65 for today. Rain passing through right now.

Not much on the agenda today, or the weekend. Probably yard work and mowing when it dries up in the next day or so. And...the dreaded Milk House project.

Daughter made it to Glacier. Unfortunate camp ground hookups are not available yet for employees. Under construction still. She may have to get a generator. She left hers here. They are telling her two weeks, maybe. The disappointment came through big time yesterday. Her boss apologized. Not a good start to the relationship. I told her it will work out. Camping is not glamping....

Hope all have a great day. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,794  
Good morning! 46˚F but with clear skies and a S wind it will be in the mid 80s this afternoon.

Got the lantanas planted yesterday so maybe the lawn today. PT today and H&F cards to-night with neighbors.

BEF hope your Dads eye procedure is successful.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,795  
62 going up to 63 and rain.
Had about 1" yesterday, lawn cut.
Initial dashcam install, will do more to hide wire this weekend.
Ordered Pool supplies.
Did some food/veggie shopping.

Pear trees are blooming. Might need to spray this year as had some kind of leaf spot last year and no pears.

Need another Peach tree to replace the one that fell over last year. Down from 3 to 1.

Many other bushes flowering.

BEF - hope Dad's surgery goes well, how is your son doing, back driving soon?

Passed an accident yesterday, not much damage to the suv that went off roading over a berm for some reason, but ALL the air bags deployed, that's going to be an expensive accident, even with little actual metal damage.

Be well,
20240411_173433.jpg

20240411_114334.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #188,796  
Good Morning,
Sound Beach LI, 51 to start going to 59, periods of heavy rain intermittently and wind last night ! Just wind now with some showers coming through early afternoon !
Ferry ride across LI Sound was a bit foggy and rainy, so didn’t go up on top deck ! Nice evening with friends watching Buffet concerts !

Today, north fork excursion to wineries should be fun !

RS and Drew, nice pics of your plantings, thanks !

Ken, a couple of pictures from the ferry !

Hope all have a Great Day !

Attachments

• IMG_3835.jpeg
    IMG_3835.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3836.jpeg
    IMG_3836.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
   / Good morning!!!! #188,797  
like I said the unit is running fine just no control !
Sounds like my marriage ha ha.

Should hit 70F and sunny in Nevada. I'm heading back there today over Donner Pass but another foot of snow is expected at the summit this weekend. Good year for water!

Spent yesterday bucking logs and debris and putting it on burn pile. This morning the body is reminding me how much activity I did not do over the winter-- time to get back in the groove again.

Have a great day-- Ron very nice pix of duck and squirrel.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,798  
friend of mine said his son was very happy with this remote propane monitor for his mountain cabin
so I ordered the two pack. One for tank in rv and other for propane tank for home gen. Two that are out of sight
but very important.
not overly worried about running out on the barbecue. I always have spares here and I try to keep them full.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,800  
Good morning, the low is 56 and going to a high of 57°F. Wind E 15 gusting to 22 mph. Rain at times heavy.

I'm back from 'down south', sunny on Tuesday and Wednesday (had a nap during one of the boring presentations that I have heard 38 times over the past 38 years). Pissed down rain on Thursday and had a nap then, too. Chinese food buffet was good Tues. and Wed. Didn't have it on Thursday, had Wendys instead. I like their spicy chicken sandwiches.
Uneventful ride home. Ran mostly 10 over the limit except for 'in towns'. Dropped into the towing service/garage I use and paid them 100 bux to pick up the oil tank and set up an appointment to swap snow tires for the summers and change oil and recharge A/C. Picked up the 20 ounces of silver I ordered last week.

After I got my teeth out I used a rather unconventional method (read illegal) to toughen up my gums. It worked, by the end of the first month I was eating pizza and then the end of the second month I was eating the crust, too.
Up here in the '70s they were prescribing Darvon "N" compound (a powerful pain killer) for pain and I used 3 of 30 day scripts in 60 days + lots of hash and whiskey/beer or wine. It all worked, but like I said, illegal, then. Not now.

Have a safe day all