john deere 2555 hydraulic problems

/ john deere 2555 hydraulic problems #1  

brandon5110

Tractor
john deere 2555
Having major problems with hydraulics. I have a service manual but not getting enough info from it. What is a good manual.

Started having problems with pto not working after i hit the tranny filter on somethen and knocked it off while i was bailing.. Got it fixed filled up with fluid and wouldnt work very well. But could run brush hog and it started to work good. Nxt time i bailed i turned 4 bails then started slipping. Very worked again. Then started noticing steering resistance while lowering the loader. Started looking where to start. Then nxt time i used tractor i lost nearly all hydraulics. But if i move a remote lever i would get some back. Then i could mover loader and 3pt. But steering was ok not the best. Brakes worked fine. Need some help thanks

/ john deere 2555 hydraulic problems #2  
What type valve controls FEL? Does tractor have hyd ind pto &/or hyd hi-lo? How long since sump screen(parts key 15) was checked/cleaned?????????????????

Attachments

• R34071_________UN01JAN94.gif
    R34071_________UN01JAN94.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 2,204
   / john deere 2555 hydraulic problems
Has john deere controls for fel.ind pto. And i started getting to screen. Wasent sure ware it was. But i found it. Just havent taken it out yet.

/ john deere 2555 hydraulic problems #4  
Sorry, i can't remember the style filter used on the 2555's, but nevertheless double check all your hose connections and make sure it's not sucking air. A loose hose/hose clamp will suck in air and not leak a drop of oil so they offen get over looked.

Remember steering and brakes have priority over the HPL.

I chased a similar issue for nearly 2 days once. Finally found a hairline crack on the back side of the filter base. After showing it the owner, I found out that the previus filter had been hit and dented by something.

/ john deere 2555 hydraulic problems #5  
Has john deere controls for fel.ind pto. And i started getting to screen. Wasent sure ware it was. But i found it. Just havent taken it out yet.

If FEL ind control valve has a PBY to closed center plug the seal on the closed center plug could be blown causing the hyd problems you refer to.

/ john deere 2555 hydraulic problems #6  
Sorry, i can't remember the style filter used on the 2555's, but nevertheless double check all your hose connections and make sure it's not sucking air. A loose hose/hose clamp will suck in air and not leak a drop of oil so they offen get over looked.

Remember steering and brakes have priority over the HPL.

JD utility tractors such as the 2555 have no priority valve for brakes nor do they have a suction hose with a clamp on trans reservoir to allow sucking of air. Hyd filter is same as all 20,30 & 40 series utility & rowcrop tractors which is a AR75603

Whats a PBY? havent figured out all the acronyms yet.

/ john deere 2555 hydraulic problems #8  
PBY=power beyond utilized on open center hyd's

Ok well i checked screen and it wasent to bad. Alot of fine metal in tranny filter. No chuncks

/ john deere 2555 hydraulic problems #10  
JD utility tractors such as the 2555 have no priority valve for brakes nor do they have a suction hose with a clamp on trans reservoir to allow sucking of air. Hyd filter is same as all 20,30 & 40 series utility & rowcrop tractors which is a AR75603

Thanks Jim, as I said, I couldn't seem to remember this morning if it changed or not, but the point was to look for any suction leaks.

As he said, the problem started after he knocked the filter off, so there's a good chance something is not sealed. My comment on priority was meant as a general statement, maybe a little too general.