Ordering my B2650 tomorrow or Tuesday, last minute advice?

/ Ordering my B2650 tomorrow or Tuesday, last minute advice? #1  

PA452

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
Finally sold my BX23. Thinking about ordering its replacement tomorrow or early next week. The plan is:

- B2650 HST ROPS
- FEL with SSQA, 60" bucket, LP forks
- Third function for future grapple
- 60" mid-mount mower
- Backhoe with 16"bucket
- R4 tires

Debated between R4 and R1 tires; like the idea of the R4 for more stability and puncture resistance. Concerned about traction in mud and snow, especially mud, but I think I'll make it work. Like the look of the R14s a lot, though haven't seen any real reviews yet. But they aren't available yet for this size.*

Starting to think maybe I'll add in the mechanical thumb for the backhoe. Didn't think I'd have much use for it, but I figure maybe it's better to get it now just in case.*

Any general buying advice I should be aware of?

Thanks

/ Ordering my B2650 tomorrow or Tuesday, last minute advice? #2  
   / Ordering my B2650 tomorrow or Tuesday, last minute advice? #3  
Finally sold my BX23. Thinking about ordering its replacement tomorrow or early next week. The plan is:

- B2650 HST ROPS
- FEL with SSQA, 60" bucket, LP forks
- Third function for future grapple
- 60" mid-mount mower
- Backhoe with 16"bucket
- R4 tires

Debated between R4 and R1 tires; like the idea of the R4 for more stability and puncture resistance. Concerned about traction in mud and snow, especially mud, but I think I'll make it work. Like the look of the R14s a lot, though haven't seen any real reviews yet. But they aren't available yet for this size.*

Starting to think maybe I'll add in the mechanical thumb for the backhoe. Didn't think I'd have much use for it, but I figure maybe it's better to get it now just in case.*

Any general buying advice I should be aware of?

Thanks

Get the mechanical thumb!
Hyd. thumb.....even better!

/ Ordering my B2650 tomorrow or Tuesday, last minute advice? #4  
I found out the telescoping link arms are an option and not standard. I recommend the telescoping. I would rethink the mmm. The 2650 is much larger than your bx. Send me your phone number and I'll send you a picture of my bx and b together. Anyway, I think I would have be just as happy with a rear mount finish mower and a lot more cash in my pocket. The mmm pinned up, which is not the turn knob feature you are used to, is a pita and it doesn't pin it up very high getting in the way of ground clearance when I use my rototiller (mmm wheels don't clear the fluffed dirt). Finally my 60" mmm is a pita to take off. I have turf tires and they are great in the yard but I still tear grass with very tight turns.

/ Ordering my B2650 tomorrow or Tuesday, last minute advice?
I grew up mowing with a John Deere 1050 with 72" MMM, so I'm not unused to mowing with a larger tractor. This would still be smaller than that.

https://i.imgur.com/uMNMmkt.jpg

Debated the RFM, but I think I have way too many trees and obstacles to mow around. I'll probably never pin the mower up while doing other work, I'll most likely always just take it off. I always did that with the BX as well. When I was a kid my parents only had that 1050 as a larger tractor, so any time I needed to do anything else with that tractor I had to take off the MMM. No modern MMM can even come close to the amount of effort that required, haha.

/ Ordering my B2650 tomorrow or Tuesday, last minute advice? #6  
Ask your dealer to throw in a workshop manual for free. It will be invaluble very quickly.

Joe

/ Ordering my B2650 tomorrow or Tuesday, last minute advice? #7  
You are getting a third function for future grapple. Be certain that you get the OEM grill guard. It will be the base needed to put on a layer of protection( expanded metal ) when you DO get the grapple. The OEM grill guard is next to worthless in providing protection for the grill, radiator & battery. However, it does provide the base needed to add expanded metal. A picture of my grill guard - - with the expanded metal.

View attachment 618358

/ Ordering my B2650 tomorrow or Tuesday, last minute advice? #8  
Does the B2650 have the inching 3ph control?

Cannot seem to find out what models have it without going to a dealer and looking.

Ralph

/ Ordering my B2650 tomorrow or Tuesday, last minute advice? #9  
A good dealer will deliver your new B2650 properly assembled; and a really good dealer will give you a short review of the the operation and features of this model as he delivers it to your place. I think this model has the 3pt "Position Control". The guy that delivered my first Kubota has passed on.......May he rest in peace.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Ordering my B2650 tomorrow or Tuesday, last minute advice?
Does the B2650 have the inching 3ph control?

Cannot seem to find out what models have it without going to a dealer and looking.

Ralph

It has position control on the 3ph.