Wiring FIMCO 12V 40 Gallon 3 pt Sprayer L3940

/ Wiring FIMCO 12V 40 Gallon 3 pt Sprayer L3940 #1  

Maibox

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940; 1942 Farmall H (for sale)
I have about 3-4 acres of pasture and was in need of a very basic sprayer. I picked up a FIMCO 40 gallon 3pt sprayer on sale: Fimco 40 Gal. 3-Point Sprayer - Mills Fleet Farm

It comes with an 8 ft lead wire w/ switch to connect to the battery to power it. I don't think 8' is going to be enough. I would have thought the L3940 would have connector somewhere in back, but if it does, I can't find it and some time on this site and Google have yielded no help. I am looking for ideas on how to wire the sprayer short of getting a longer wire and running it to the battery. Caveat--I am a complete novice and I don't know a single person that would call me "handy" but I can follow instructions (which I always read), so I got that going for me.

Thanks in advance.

/ Wiring FIMCO 12V 40 Gallon 3 pt Sprayer L3940 #2  
On my L3400 (when I had it).. I found a work light lead on the back and wired to that with a waterproof 2 prong trailer connector. My tractor did not have the worklight, but it is just a kit, and a there is a "bullet" connector wrapped up with tape in the wiring harness so it is worklight "ready" . It is hot with 12 volts when the key is on and fused for 5 amps. My Fimco sprayer drew about 2 amps. Worked good and I could reach the supplied sprayer on/off switch from the seat.

James K0UA

/ Wiring FIMCO 12V 40 Gallon 3 pt Sprayer L3940 #3  
I mounted and wired a 7-way RV plug to the back of my L3940. The plug is full function, including constant 12VDC, which could power a sprayer (okay not brake lights or trailer brakes). Yes, I had to run a wire, but only to the starter, as the battery wire is already mounted to the starter. Install fuse, follow wiring harness to tail lights, and you are good to go. Philip.

Attachments

• TRAILERPLUG01.JPG
    TRAILERPLUG01.JPG
    834.9 KB · Views: 929
  • TRAILERPLUG02.JPG
    TRAILERPLUG02.JPG
    791.7 KB · Views: 1,068
  • LIGHTS10.jpg
    LIGHTS10.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 685
  • LIGHTS11.jpg
    LIGHTS11.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 894
   / Wiring FIMCO 12V 40 Gallon 3 pt Sprayer L3940 #4  
I mounted and wired a 7-way RV plug to the back of my L3940. The plug is full function, including constant 12VDC, which could power a sprayer (okay not brake lights or trailer brakes). Yes, I had to run a wire, but only to the starter, as the battery wire is already mounted to the starter. Install fuse, follow wiring harness to tail lights, and you are good to go. Philip.

That is waaay to professional looking:)

/ Wiring FIMCO 12V 40 Gallon 3 pt Sprayer L3940
   / Wiring FIMCO 12V 40 Gallon 3 pt Sprayer L3940 #6  
I have always run sprayers like this on my ATV's from a cigarette receptacle. I cut the wires on the sprayer and then splice a male cigarette receptacle on to it.

/ Wiring FIMCO 12V 40 Gallon 3 pt Sprayer L3940 #7  
Is the small black box with the yellow wire running into/out of it the fuse?

yep that would be an ATC type inline fuseholder.

/ Wiring FIMCO 12V 40 Gallon 3 pt Sprayer L3940 #8  
That is waaay to professional looking:)

Thanks. Do some volunteer work around here for schools or sports clubs. Sometimes I need to put 2 or 3 implements on my main trailer and tow them to the spot of work with the tractor. Makes it nice being able to hook up the 7-way from the trailer to tractor. Even charges the break away battery.

Maibox, All these parts can be picked up at NAPA, or a local automotive shop. This would be a good project for a starter diy'er, fairly easy job. Need ATC in line fuse, wire terminal ends, wire, wire splice taps, bracket and plug, tie wraps, wire loom, drill and tap, and a few hours on a Saturday morning. If you need more detailed pics, just let me know.

Philip.

/ Wiring FIMCO 12V 40 Gallon 3 pt Sprayer L3940
Thanks. Do some volunteer work around here for schools or sports clubs. Sometimes I need to put 2 or 3 implements on my main trailer and tow them to the spot of work with the tractor. Makes it nice being able to hook up the 7-way from the trailer to tractor. Even charges the break away battery.

Maibox, All these parts can be picked up at NAPA, or a local automotive shop. This would be a good project for a starter diy'er, fairly easy job. Need ATC in line fuse, wire terminal ends, wire, wire splice taps, bracket and plug, tie wraps, wire loom, drill and tap, and a few hours on a Saturday morning. If you need more detailed pics, just let me know.

Philip.

Thanks Phillip. About the only thing I'm not sure about is how to tie the wire into the starter wire--I assume you just spliced at that location and then ran it back?

/ Wiring FIMCO 12V 40 Gallon 3 pt Sprayer L3940 #10  
Thanks Phillip. About the only thing I'm not sure about is how to tie the wire into the starter wire--I assume you just spliced at that location and then ran it back?

No. Disconnect negavtive cable from battery. Find positive wire from battery where it connects to starter (see where yellow wire runs under black cap). Remove this nut, add new end connector and fuse holder here. Philip.