Loader Suggestions For Pallet Forks For A LS XG 3135H

/ Suggestions For Pallet Forks For A LS XG 3135H #1  

DonHite

Tractor
LS XG 3135H
I have been looking through the forums for information on Pallet forks. Some seem to like the over the bucket type and some seem to like the ones that replace the bucket. For my 35 HP tractor to be able to move long square bales and pallets of feed and the like what do you folks suggest?

I would like to hear from LS tractor owners that have pallet forks to see if they are even worth the investment. Thanks Don

/ Suggestions For Pallet Forks For A LS XG 3135H #2  
Pallet forks are extremely useful. I will always keep a few extra pallets around to easily transport large or heavy items. If budget allows get the ssqa forks that replace the bucket. It will move your load closer to the pins and allow for the lifting of larger loads. If money is an issue, the clip on type work fine, just can't lift as much weight since the weight carried further away from the pins causing leverage to work against you.

/ Suggestions For Pallet Forks For A LS XG 3135H
The SSQA forks are nice but I don't think I have $600.00 worth of work for them. I do like the idea of them up close like I am use to on a forklift. If I do go that route it will have to be cheap shipping. I did notice some places will only deliver to MFA or feed stores with a dock. So that may be an inconvenience for me. Thanks for the input.

/ Suggestions For Pallet Forks For A LS XG 3135H #4  
It’s a tossup as to whether my grapple or my pallet forks (both Titan, bought as one of their package deals) are my most used-I couldn’t live without either.

One thing to consider-visibility is an issue with tractors and pallet forks-the clamp-one compound this by having the bucket as an additional block to your view of the fork position plus I just don’t have much confidence in the clamp-ons load carrying capacity-I can pretty much guarantee you’ll push the capacity of your forks many times!

/ Suggestions For Pallet Forks For A LS XG 3135H #5  
If you do get forks, get the quick attach ones that replace your bucket. Forks attached to the bucket will lift less weight than stand alone QA forks. I bought a new set from a forklift place a few years ago for $525. Then modified them to accept a hydraulic thumb. Over the years they have paid for themselves in many uses. You can also buy QA forks with a detachable bale spike for your uses.

Attachments

• 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 136
George2615 can you give me info of the outfit in the picture that is what I want.

/ Suggestions For Pallet Forks For A LS XG 3135H #7  
George2615 can you give me info of the outfit in the picture that is what I want.

That is more than just forks.
That is forks with a thumb attached
Can't tell if that rig is QA or not.
QA is a necessity.

/ Suggestions For Pallet Forks For A LS XG 3135H #8  

Don,
The forks are QA standard forks. mine are rated for 4000lb but will never see that kind of weight as my loader won't lift that much. Then I ordered the Thumb here The Thumb - Add-on Grapple Attachments
Then I modified the forks to fit the Thumb. I ran hydraulic lines from one set of rear remotes to the front to operate the thumb.
Here's the link to my build.
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/313144-added-thumb.html

/ Suggestions For Pallet Forks For A LS XG 3135H #9  
Don, you can also check out Tractor Attachments And Skid Steer Attachments For Any Tractor Or Skid Steer They have free shipping within 1000 miles.

Thanks guys for the links. This may be a dumb question to most of you but will Kubota front end attachments work on my LS tractor or do they connect differently?