TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,551  
Lots of things are illegal now that weren't illegal 60 years ago. I had a goose hunting buddy back then, and we were upset that the geese were flying too high, so we went to the local farm store, bought a case of dynamite, dug a hole, put a 55 gallon drum in the hole, packed dirt around the drum, put the dynamite in the bottom of the hole, and filled the barrel with pea gravel. We backed off 100 yards with a car battery and when the geese flow over, BOOM!

The geese flew off, and we blew a big hole in my dad's field. I was out there all winter with a shovel and wheelbarrow filling the hole back in. The nearest house was a mile away, so there wasn't any danger to anyone. When you start packing people together, they start making laws.

Nowadays they wouldn't sell dynamite to a 16 year old, and if a kid managed to get their hands on some they would end up indicted on a federal rap.

It used to be legal to feed a loudmouth a knuckle sandwich too.

Did you ever tape up the seams on a big cardboard box, dribble in a little acetylene, and touch a fuse to it? Wonderful stuff, acetylene, explosive from 5% to 95% with air. A big farm had a repair shop where somebody left an acetylene torch leaking, until the heat kicked on about midnight. They found pieces of that shop 1/4 mile away.
!/4 stick use to be very good for fishing . . .

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,552  
357 firearms, sort of!!
The Carbine is chambered for 357, but shoots an old rifle load that will destroy a pistol. I sold off all my 357 firearms when I got this one, but later decided I could own both. Smith model 13 on left is 357, as is the Contender on the right. The 357 on the bottom is a 357-44 Bain&Davis. Magna-ported, it is a dream to shoot!

Attachments

• 20210509_161829.jpg
    20210509_161829.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 77
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,553  
I didnt know gun rights were "political".
I thought they were constitutional rights?
Wont post anything about gun rights anymore....
If you can make your own bow and arrow, knock yourself out, no license or fee to make the object.

If you can make your own gun, knock yourself out, no license of fee to make the object.

The above comments may be null if you make the said object to make money.

Ironic that if you buy a gun today, people think it's a God given right and no government involvement is necessary in the buying process, but if you want to buy and drive a car, you have to take training and get a license (as well as proof of insurance), but both objects (guns and cars) are man made products manufactured for profit.

The reality is we do have a Constitution that affords rights to individuals per firearm ownership in the US, but each state gives varying degrees of "rights" on what you can and can't own under the SAME Constitution numerous in different states (that have their own laws that can vary from other states).

Thing is, people being people, if you don't enforce the laws you already have on the books, those laws don't do you much good.

I'm only stating fact, not going into my own personal political views.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,554  
Pulled these out of the safe today for some fun. Two Smith 38's, a Sig 380 mini 1911, and my wife's Walther PPK.

Attachments

• 20200327_160534.jpg
    20200327_160534.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 20200327_160551.jpg
    20200327_160551.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • 20200327_160727.jpg
    20200327_160727.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
  • 20200327_160746.jpg
    20200327_160746.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,555  
The big infringement on my RKBA is the inability to buy the gun I want. Either it is out of stock, or for sale for 50% more than the MSRP.

So now I'm a Buddhist. All things come to he who waits.

😁:ROFLMAO::LOL:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,556  
Roy, I didn't take what you said as a dare. But sooner or later a guy's gotta declare himself. :rolleyes:

So as a sovereign member of this forum I'm exercising my right to take my stand somewhere else .. someday I guess .. but not in this thread unless it includes a gun and a note I leave for you guys. :sneaky:

So can we have more .357, etc pics? I like the handgun stuff because I have so few of them & have sold so many. (S&W 3913 TSW, Raging Bull .44 Mag, Uberti .38/.357 Revo-Carbine, Tec-22, one P3AT ..)

My interest: Of my many rifles, mostly bolt-action, I suggest that the average value for them falls short of the HGs you guys have posted here. WIMI respect for what I don't have, and for fellow reloaders.

So here's my dare: Convince me/us what's easier to reload than .44 Mag & why? Rifle or HG loads? Extra points for both. Since they are available in rifle and HG why not your fave from 9mm - .45-70?? What's that one calibers you actually shoot a lot and save money by reloading vs what it costs for all the others. Oh, is this thread about guns ... ?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,557  
Pulled these out of the safe today for some fun. Two Smith 38's, a Sig 380 mini 1911, and my wife's Walther PPK.
I bought a PPK for my Bride, and then bought her the one She wanted, a Sig P238. She lost the spare mag to TSA so I went looking for another, only to find another gun with 7 mags for the cost of the mags. So now I carry a P238 also!

Attachments

• 20210509_221207.jpg
    20210509_221207.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,559  
357 firearms, sort of!!
The Carbine is chambered for 357, but shoots an old rifle load that will destroy a pistol. I sold off all my 357 firearms when I got this one, but later decided I could own both. Smith model 13 on left is 357, as is the Contender on the right. The 357 on the bottom is a 357-44 Bain&Davis. Magna-ported, it is a dream to shoot!
Nice contenders, I have three here myself. Dwindled down to these three.. I need to get a pistol barrel again, I miss it...

IMG_3346.JPG

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,560  
The big infringement on my RKBA is the inability to buy the gun I want. Either it is out of stock, or for sale for 50% more than the MSRP.

So now I'm a Buddhist. All things come to he who waits.

😁:ROFLMAO::LOL:

And what gun is it you want that you cant find for a normal price? Inquiring minds want to know.