L2501 vs LX2610

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #11  
BTW, I don't use the treadle with heel & toe. Instead I move my foot slightly so that I end up using the same motion with the front of my foot for fwd & reverse.
rScotty
I think that's a pretty common MO among operators of that style control.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #12  
If you have a Yanmar dealer near by you just
might wanna test this tractor out:

willy

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #13  
I changed to an L2501 from a B2650 (LX2610) when I no longer used the tractor for mowing. I liked the overall size but wanted more stability on rough ground which the L2501 gives. Measuring the width with R4 tires the L was about 5" wider and to that I added 2" spacers. The FEL lifts around the same but the LA525 frame is stronger so it doesn't torque flex as much with an uneven load. I also much prefer using the L's clutch to gently engage the PTO vs the on/off lever on the B/LX. Changing between ranges was more finicky on my B2650 for some reason compared to the L but this could be an individual tractor thing. I liked the B's armrests, floor mat, and standard level indicator. On the L I ended up purchasing the optional level indicator and right side grab handle.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #14  
I didn't order the right grab handle....wish I woulda... they are around $55 to add later. Not really sure I need it though. It's nice to lean on the fender when looking back without the handle in the way too.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #16  
I opted for the L2501 over the L3301 based on simplicity. The L2501 has no computer and no diesel particulate filter. It is probably as simple as a tractor gets today.

However, in the interest of full disclosure, the simple L2501, designed to skirt Tier IV emissions requirements, (legally) spews a lot of diesel particulates. According to those more knowledgeable than I on emissions, the L3301 with a Tier IV diesel particulate filter/incinerator spews less than 1% of the pollution load of an L2501 with a traditional, low-tech muffler.

Jeff is right. It doesn't bother me much, except I need to replace air filters on the regular. I'm on my second this year. The diesel exhaust get sucked right in and clogs the filter. Blowing it out doesn't help much.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #17  
I opted for the L2501 over the L3301 based on simplicity. The L2501 has no computer and no diesel particulate filter. It is probably as simple as a tractor gets today.

However, in the interest of full disclosure, the simple L2501, designed to skirt Tier IV emissions requirements, (legally) spews a lot of diesel particulates. According to those more knowledgeable than I on emissions, the L3301 with a Tier IV diesel particulate filter/incinerator spews less than 1% of the pollution load of an L2501 with a traditional, low-tech muffler.

That kind of post without some links to back it up is worse than useless.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #18  
   / L2501 vs LX2610 #20  
Fact of the matter the L2501 doesn't "skirt" tier IV standards, it has to meet the standards appropriate for the HP output.

What jeff has "heard" is irrelevant.
It depends on what you mean by skirt. Taking a L3200 & debating it from 32hp to 25hp & calling it a L2501 to comply with tier 4 emissions is entirely legal. It was done entirely legally & with the entire purpose of coming in under the HP limits thar require all the extra emissions equipment. So if you mean come close to or work around a restriction by skirt, it does just that.