L2501 vs LX2610

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #51  
I had no problem whatsoever rocking the hydro pedal to inch forward, stop, back, stop, forward, etc. Heck I can't recall even using the brake.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #53  
The issue isn’t that they are on the wrong or unfamiliar side.
The issue is that,
the hydro treadle pedal, is on the same side as the brakes pedals
The brake pedals are directly above the hydro pedal.
So..
if needing to do any type of delicate loader work, on anything less than flat surfaces
One needs 2 right feet to operate the pedals.
I’m trying to learn every day, but growing an extra right foot, seems out of my intellectual grasp.
It is the main reason I have yet to buy an L2501, although I may still buy one, or wait to see if they update it and call it a L2502
The hydro units I've looked at have the brake pedal on the left side, hydro on the right. That might be what RalphVa was referring to when he said the brake pedals were on the wrong side since traditionally the brake pedals are on the right and the clutch on the left.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #54  
Agreed, I pretty much only use the brakes for parking on HST's

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app
Same. In low on a hill, it would roll a few inches per minute with no brakes. In medium it would roll a few feet per minute. I'd use brakes if it were super precision like loading my truck. But rarely use brakes in normal operation except as parking brakes.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #55  
I opted for the L2501 over the L3301 based on simplicity. The L2501 has no computer and no diesel particulate filter. It is probably as simple as a tractor gets today.

However, in the interest of full disclosure, the simple L2501, designed to skirt Tier IV emissions requirements, (legally) spews a lot of diesel particulates. According to those more knowledgeable than I on emissions, the L3301 with a Tier IV diesel particulate filter/incinerator spews less than 1% of the pollution load of an L2501 with a traditional, low-tech mu

I opted for the L2501 over the L3301 based on simplicity. The L2501 has no computer and no diesel particulate filter. It is probably as simple as a tractor gets today.

However, in the interest of full disclosure, the simple L2501, designed to skirt Tier IV emissions requirements, (legally) spews a lot of diesel particulates. According to those more knowledgeable than I on emissions, the L3301 with a Tier IV diesel particulate filter/incinerator spews less than 1% of the pollution load of an L2501 with a traditional, low-tech muffler.
I'll take the low tech muffler if at all possible.