Kubota or mahindra

/ Kubota or mahindra #21  
Which is exactly why I wouldn't touch a Kubota with a ten foot pole. They are the lowest featured, worst designed tractors on the market. The controls are also terrible. And they're expensive. I guess the orange paint mesmerizes people. You can get a lot more tractor for the money elsewhere.
Come on…..
Ive got over 10,000 hours split between an M7040, M9540 Dual Speed, M126x and M135x and they were all very well featured, well designed tractors. The controls were not “terrible”. And they are middle of the road on price.
Green is the paint that mesmerizes

Last edited:
   / Kubota or mahindra #22  
A nearby AgWay used to sell JD Lawn and Garden tractors and the whole Mahindra line of tractors. The Mahindras used to sell like hot cakes every year. Then two years ago there no Mahindras on their lot that spring. I asked what was going on and they said they dumped Mahindra because they had too many machines coming in with major issues while still under warranty and Mahindra was not stepping up to correct the problems leaving them with too many unhappy long-time customers. I'm not promoting another line, just sharing what I know from this one former Mahindra dealer.

Last edited:
   / Kubota or mahindra #23  
Which is exactly why I wouldn't touch a Kubota with a ten foot pole. They are the lowest featured, worst designed tractors on the market. The controls are also terrible. And they're expensive. I guess the orange paint mesmerizes people. You can get a lot more tractor for the money elsewhere.

A Grand series Kubota has all the options you want. Yes the economy series is basic.

/ Kubota or mahindra #24  
A Grand series Kubota has all the options you want. Yes the economy series is basic.
I’m not arguing, but are there really options in the 40-50HP range that are usable? There’s just not a lot of horses to work with there and you’ve got to weigh options for what’s important to you in the category.

/ Kubota or mahindra #25  
Obviously there are some pretty strong opinions on both brands here. But an earlier poster suggested you strongly consider the ergonomics of both brands. And I agree completely. Both brands will likely do what you ask of them as far as work goes, but if you are uncomfortable, don't have the sight lines you want while working (especially turned around to view the rear implement), plus the fact you'll likely be spending a bunch of time in the seat, and how easy to manipulate the HST, loader, reach for your drink, etc then you'll be sorry if you don't look closely at the ergonomics for your height, weight, reach etc.

Based on the number of implements I use, I often times drive "left footed" as I'm ½ way turned around in the seat. Tough to do with a rocker HST mechanism. But you may not need that feature. I do.

I looked at green, orange, and red before I decided. The ergonomics were a major factor in my decision making. And the fact that Mahindra doesn't need DEF, or regen cycles clinched the deal for me. But you have to do what is right for you.

/ Kubota or mahindra #26  
Sometimes it makes sense to look at how the rest of the manufacturing compares.

I admit to not knowing much about Mahindra or Indian exports, but we all know about Japanese quality. Just look at their cars, trucks, electronics, surgical instruments, optical stuff, space exploration, metallurgy, firearms - even their fishing gear is tops - it's kind of embarrassing.
Kubota might not always get it right, but I like the odds.

/ Kubota or mahindra #28  
kFrom what I have heard and read you are paying
for the NAME Kubota and paying for the problems
with the Mahindra

INHO you would be a lot happier with this tractor:

willy

When the OP is making a decision between Mahindra and Kubota…the answer is always…Yanmar FTW!!!

Thank you Willy ;)

Mike

/ Kubota or mahindra #29  
Hello, gwhouston, could you tell us why you have narrowed the list down to kubota and mahindra?
What knocked other colours off your list?
That said, I agree with LD1 and duffer, ERGONOMICS to which I would add dealer support, then price. Most people keep tractors for many years.
Good Luck

/ Kubota or mahindra #30  
Last edited: