X-cord for welder

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / X-cord for welder #41  
Used to prevent the cleaing staff from plugging in to the other circuits
However ,, ask the diy guy why they use that end and will gett a different answer

/ X-cord for welder #42  
Prevents yhrm from using generals on institutional for the most part
Even modern 120v welders come 15 end, easy to turn one up past 20A, they come 14 cord.

/ X-cord for welder #43  
The 12 on a 30 is a size bigger than the nacine requires at 65 ft, it comes with s 14 cord and will not overheat a 12 wire no matter ehich breaker is on it.

/ X-cord for welder #44  
There is a simple solution to keep from plugging in a air compressor or any "power tool" to a dedicated welding circuit.... Place a sign next to receptical that reads "Welding Circuit Only" or maybe "For Welder Use Only" (or some such verbiage)... Anyone who violates the signage the rathe of the gods is on them...

/ X-cord for welder #45  
Agreed again, tho' I may just be too chicken not to 'dummyproof' work I can't monitor in perpetuity. Signs come down, idiots ignore 'em, homes/shops get new owners, etc. Anyway, I'm learning but still a bit overcautious out of habit. Thanks, guys. :)

/ X-cord for welder #46  
There is a simple solution to keep from plugging in a air compressor or any "power tool" to a dedicated welding circuit.... Place a sign next to receptical that reads "Welding Circuit Only" or maybe "For Welder Use Only" (or some such verbiage)... Anyone who violates the signage the rathe of the gods is on them...
That's right,and the rathe of lawyers could be on the owner/electrician because the sign prove's they knew the plug posed a risk.

/ X-cord for welder #47  
If it were mine I'd wire it to handle anything I wanted to plug into it. Who wants to install a 240v circuit and not be able to use it?

/ X-cord for welder #48  
Ine of the guys here had it reasoned out that it wasnt safe to use a 10 on a 50 which is fine and leagal but was ok, , mainly cause he did it,, to put all his welders on 80A breakers on 6 50 so all his welders work. Not a leagal corcuit in so many ways but the teasoning was that it wouldnt overheat the wire.
Thats as deep as it goes. Only understands one rudimentary concrpt of circuit design from,,, someone told me course of study.

/ X-cord for welder #49  
I sm not saying to do it that way. I am saying you can and its safe and leagal as determined by the whole industry and that all the pet theories. I did it my way type self reason is full of dhit. This logic is not from experts but diy types.
Hank J used to be on Miller sight had o good take on it after the rest depate, just get a 20 cable and hook it up. After reading the service guide , but after a long career knew about all the future proof etc and saw how that all played out.
Contrary to popular belief the current demand in welders has went down. Old ones basically designed when no.onal was 220. Now its 240 or better, same wattage used, amps drop, now can weld from 30A service and if a guy buys an old tank he should plan to power it .
I dont have only 1 circuit for welders, dont try to run a 300 from a dryer outlet, ideas i see promoted abd dont own another piece of equipment i plug in to a welder outlet ans id we did its well within the same design parameters.

/ X-cord for welder #50  
Aint sposed to be plugging lots of other stuff in to welder circuits, not designed for that, they are not multi voltage and the 6 50 is rated to 3 hp, stuff lower than that would work provided the breaker was suzed for the appliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.