COVID19 bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / COVID19 bull #52  
I agree with all this, however why are 10-20% of the hero's from the last ~20 months now being fired because they won't get the shot? That further strains the system creating now artificial shortages.

*Acknowledge not all of the above numbers are medical professionals it includes admin/janitors/whatever, if there's a better number I'll accept it.

They are being fired for abuse of Liberty. Kinda like an air controller strike issue.

/ COVID19 bull #53  
I am shocked that anyone would believe that any politician or government body would ever lie to us!🤗

Even after pOTUS 1 Administration ?

/ COVID19 bull #54  
I agree with all this, however why are 10-20% of the hero's from the last ~20 months now being fired because they won't get the shot? That further strains the system creating now artificial shortages.

*Acknowledge not all of the above numbers are medical professionals it includes admin/janitors/whatever, if there's a better number I'll accept it.
Almost all of the folks in healthcare getting fired are lower than RNs as far as training. LPN, LVNs, aids, other staff. Not many doctors, pharmacists, RNs that havent been vaccinated..but I am sure there are a few.

Not saying I agree with that, but it is a FDA approved vaccine and we have many requirements for vaccinations and testing in healthcare. We always have. Heck I still have to get a TB test every year..used to be skin test now they require blood draw. It goes with the territory. Here is the schedule. Dig into it for additional healthcare worker requirements (hepatitis, etc).

/ COVID19 bull #55  
They were advised that the child had been exposed,
At that point, you stay out of circulation for 10-14 days, work or not. Initial tests are not fully accurate, so you err on the side of caution and don't potentially expose others.

/ COVID19 bull #56  
This is not manipulation. Quite simply hospitals dont have the manpower to fill up the ICU with COVID patients and also treat every other health condition requiring intensive care. Many ICUs run at about 70% capacity anyway, that is good business. ICU staff are EXPENSIVE, and they need work to do. So most ICUs that are say 10 beds will try and keep 5-7 of those occupied at all times.

Keeping ourselves out of the ICU (if we can) frees up space and resources for all of those very sick non-COVID patients that need the care. The healthcare system has been severely strained over the past 18 months. To the point where quality of care has diminished, and people that need urgent (not emergency) treatment are being turned away. Think cancer patient with a tumor that has to wait a month for a bed to free up.... During surges this is what happens.

I really don't care about any other part of this except strain on the healthcare system...that's the threshold for all decisions. It should not be political.

@k0ua can you send me the link to N protein article. I would like to review the statistical method.

Yes, I would like to see it too, please. (I teach Stats.)

/ COVID19 bull #57  
Consider that when 100% vaccination is reached in your county, then 100% of new cases will be vaccinated people.

This is no small point. As the number of vaccinated people grows, and the number of unvaccinated people shrinks, even though vaccinated people have a very small likelihood of getting sick, because there are hundreds of millions of them these tiny numbers of breakthrough infections make it look like there’s a lot of them.

For example: Exaggerated to make the point):

1,000 vaccinated, 5 get sick

10 unvaccinated, 5 get sick.

In the news the next day:

“10 new infections today, half of which were people fully vaccinated.”

Oh my goodness, the vaccine doesn’t work!

/ COVID19 bull #58  
Way back in May when the county health department said I could get the jab, I did. I'm now waiting for them to call me again for the second shot. They told me it would be about 4 months. Here I sit, waiting and doing things in my life exactly as I did before CV-19, except now with a mask.
I don't go anywhere there are large crowds, nor do I go to bars/concerts. I still think that natural immunity is better than manufactured immunity, but I am not about to deliberately get sick with it to prove my point.
That is all I have to say about CV-19 or whatever other handle you want to hang on it.

/ COVID19 bull #59  
Way back in May when the county health department said I could get the jab, I did. I'm now waiting for them to call me again for the second shot. They told me it would be about 4 months. Here I sit, waiting and doing things in my life exactly as I did before CV-19, except now with a mask.
I don't go anywhere there are large crowds, nor do I go to bars/concerts. I still think that natural immunity is better than manufactured immunity, but I am not about to deliberately get sick with it to prove my point.
That is all I have to say about CV-19 or whatever other handle you want to hang on it.

Hm-m, What 2shot vaccine has an accepted 2nd shot interval of 4mo? Is it a scarcity issue or have you fallen into a crack?

/ COVID19 bull
At that point, you stay out of circulation for 10-14 days, work or not. Initial tests are not fully accurate, so you err on the side of caution and don't potentially expose others.
Bull crap, I don't know of many young couples who can reasonably afford a two week loss of pay,
especially of both their incomes.
Pretty easy to say when you can afford the loss or wouldn't even see it because your receiving a pension
or a government employee sucking up tax dollars.
Unless they are on the government dole sucking up the workers taxes and not being productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.