allowed pushing with box blade

/ allowed pushing with box blade #11  
And I have welded and straightened in a press, many a lift arm. Never mine, but for others. Pushing with a box blade backwards was the cause of the last few breakages.

Bending an arm with traction force alone would be pretty rare. If they’re ramming stuff all bets are off.

/ allowed pushing with box blade #12  
Really, I've pushed with my boxblade about as much as I've pulled with it over the 25+ years I've had it on two different tractors. What has ALWAYS "given" on mine are the drawpins on the boxblade - they bend before anything else. I always keep a couple spares in the toolbox. They also bend going forward if I grab something that doesn't want to move. Many times I've been able to straighten the pins with a 10 lb. sledge and keep on going, after a time or two of that I usually replace it - $3 -$4 each at the Co-op.

/ allowed pushing with box blade #13  
a really bad idea. not what 3 points are designed for.

in fact the front bucket really isnt designed for pushing either. we all do it some of us are more careful than others.

/ allowed pushing with box blade #14  
I can push with the front or back of my 4' box blade:
PC250011.JPG

Turned around, pushing with the back:
P9090014.JPG

Last edited:
   / allowed pushing with box blade #15  
I was gifted a 6' box blade that had bent and lose cat 1 pins so i broke out the wrenches and a big A$$ pipe wrench, replaced them after a lot of shouting in french. was very proud of myself as i used my new (to me) box blade with bright n shiny cat 1 pins in it as a counter weight while digging out my pond until i backed into the bank and promptly bent the heck out of one of my new pins.

/ allowed pushing with box blade #18  
I operated a 9k telehandler with a 45’ reach last month for a couple days while setting steel for a new barn. It was my first experience in one. They are awesome machines, but backing up without a camera required some forethought and a little bit of memory. The mirrors provided a limited view. So, I totally can appreciate why you adapted the blades to push instead of pull. Very cool. It’s hard to imagine how awesome the telescoping is without experiencing it. Now I wish one of my tractors had a telescoping loader.

/ allowed pushing with box blade #19  
They are awesome machines, but backing up without a camera required some forethought and a little bit of memory. The mirrors provided a limited view.
That is why I have a rear view camera:
P6090015 c 750.JPG

And 7" monitor:
P9090004 (Large).JPG

/ allowed pushing with box blade #20  
Really, I've pushed with my boxblade about as much as I've pulled with it over the 25+ years I've had it on two different tractors. What has ALWAYS "given" on mine are the drawpins on the boxblade - they bend before anything else. I always keep a couple spares in the toolbox. They also bend going forward if I grab something that doesn't want to move. Many times I've been able to straighten the pins with a 10 lb. sledge and keep on going, after a time or two of that I usually replace it - $3 -$4 each at the Co-op.
I think you are in the same boat as I with heavy 3pt lift arms and stabilizers, our 3pt hardware is tougher than the cat 1 pins, some others might not be so lucky, the 5145 is cat1/2. after bending my new cat1 pins i thought i would just upgrade to cat2 but after some better thinking i realized that right now the cat1 pin is the fuse and i might want to keep it that way. i'm the same way on my grapple, i went with light duty to start with (not having an FEL on past tractors) until i get some practice so i do not tweak my FEL.