Seat operator present safety switch, Do not lift a cheek....

/ Seat operator present safety switch, Do not lift a cheek.... #11  
I'm not sure what style your seat switch is. For the ones that relay on the seat cushion itself to depress the switch, sometimes some folded fabric or similar in between the switch and cushion firms up things and makes it easier the switch to do its thing. I've done that a few times for those that are light in the seat.

On my mf1540, the pressure switch seems to somehow be inside the foam cushion. The electrical connection that i put the bypass wire in is just loose below the seat frame itself (so that connection itself is not the pressure point).

/ Seat operator present safety switch, Do not lift a cheek....
I am not sure of the style of switch, cushion or switch on seat suspension.

/ Seat operator present safety switch, Do not lift a cheek.... #13  
Since I accidently ordered 40 H11 plugs when I needed 4, I cut out the existing seat plug and made a jumper plug. Now to go between a seat switch or jumped, its as simple as unplugging the jumper and plugging in the seat. And, its looks factory. So, if I need to send the tractor in for warranty work, have the kids working on the tractor, etc, I can simply plug the seat back in. But when I'm out working, lifting my butt up as I do, the seat being jumped, doesnt kill the tractor.

I made a video showing it off. Jump to the 13:48 ish mark.

/ Seat operator present safety switch, Do not lift a cheek.... #14  
The seat on my MF1540 would freeze in the winter, so the seat safety switch could not detect any weight in the seat. Just bypassed the switch and never looked back....,
I have the same issue as the OP - how to bypass?? how to access the switch?

/ Seat operator present safety switch, Do not lift a cheek.... #15  

On my MF1540, there is an electrical connection under the seat frame (tilt the seat forward and the connection is visible/accessible).

just unplug the connection, and put a piece of wire connecting the two holes in the female plug together (so you are jumping the two sides of the female connector). Nothing is done with the male side.

/ Seat operator present safety switch, Do not lift a cheek.... #16  
If you look at that video, you will see the wires. Mine were right there. The plug is different (I replaced it with H11 plugs because that what I had). You dont need plugs, or even wires, if you want to make it permeant. Simply cut the wires coming from the tractor to the seat before the plug. Then use a butt connector to connect those two wires together. Thats the fast and dirty way.

A cleaner way is to unplug the connector, get a small length of wire, strip both ends, and attach the ends to the connector coming from the tractor.

Or do as I did. Make another two wire connection, and the part that plugs into the tractor, is looped. Same concepts. All the seat switch is, a closing a circuit. So, close it using a wire instead of a switch.

/ Seat operator present safety switch, Do not lift a cheek.... #17  
I like the loop thing what plug did you use?

/ Seat operator present safety switch, Do not lift a cheek.... #18  
I did this to my NH 3040 about 10 years ago. I've had no problems with this setup. I'm sure yours is different.

Attachments

• PXL_20211129_194316379.jpg
    PXL_20211129_194316379.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
   / Seat operator present safety switch, Do not lift a cheek.... #19  
Seems rather strange that a tractor that can operate an implement such as a PTO driven chipper - doesn't have some method of safely doing same.

What does your dealer say when asked - "How am I supposed to operate my chipper".

My M6040 will "buzz" for ten seconds when I stand up. Then the buzzer turns off. NOTHING else has been shut down or turned off. I've been warned - THAT'S the job of the seat alarm. Not it's job to make the owner find some spurious method to bypass its warning/shut down.

Last edited:
   / Seat operator present safety switch, Do not lift a cheek.... #20  
Seems rather strange that a tractor that can operate an implement such as a PTO driven chipper - doesn't have some method of safely doing same.
I think most are like mine - if it's in neutral with the brakes set, the seat switch is bypassed.