Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar

/ Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar #11  
My grapple works much better than my bucket tooth bar for ripping out brush. Push in - bring the lid down - lift & rip. Give it a good shake to rid the roots of dirt.

Lots cheaper than a new bush hog and no stobs left to puncture tires.

/ Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar
Looks like around the first week of December is when I should be getting the the tooth bar....

Frustrating, but that is how things are right now.... And might be for a while

/ Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar #13  
Late winter and early spring is when I like to do clearing. Brush and trees slip out of the ground much easier with less ground disturbance. Piranha toothbar good at grabbing and pulling up the little stuff just by driving forward.

Got the tooth bar on the 23rd, installed it Thanksgiving morning, I will get pics posted.

The thing is a 70 lb. Beast of serrated metal teeth. When installing it, found out I was already starting to bend the buckets cutting edge.... But that's cured now!!!

Even just for small scale, compact tractor style earth moving of dirt with roots and rocks a tooth bar really speeds things up, makes the job easier for the tractor, fel and operator.

Ever been using your fel slowly going along filling the bucket and been stopped, tires spin a bit by a rock or root? Or just like johnnymx states digging into a pile that has settled or compacted is a chore for a straight cutting edge.
Or sure, you can use the corner of your bucket and break into the pile. That's where intrepid people start bending, breaking stuff due to all the load forced to only one side of everything related to the fel....

Just my 2 cents

Attachments

• 20211204_132037.jpg
    20211204_132037.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 162
Here is a picture of the wicked tooth bar....finally.

Installation was straight forward and very easy.

I did find out the buckets cutting already had a slight bend in it already. Positive I did it cause I checked it when new and it was bow free...

/ Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar #17  
Mr. Spruce Deere...for what it's worth...

I added the EA provided bolts along the cutting edge to tie the original bucket cutting edge to the tooth bar.

My thinking was the extra 30 minutes to do it should logically make the two locked together stronger - acting more like ~3/4 of an inch of steel - rather than (2) 3/8 inches of steel just laying on top of each other.

You'll find the EA tooth bar is a GREAT addition to the bucket...making it much more effective with less effort required to bust into dirt.

Good Luck!

I did give that some thought. ETA provided the bolts to do so. But with the slight bow in the bucket cutting edge, the two fit quite tight together.

I was happy with how it snug it is, knocked holes in the side walls of the bucket in the right location so the side bolts fit on the end of the slotted bolt hole to hold the tooth bar snug, air gunned the 3/4 inch lock nuts down and called it Thanksgiving morning:)

Here it is fellas...

It scarifies ice real well jstpssng. For me, it worked good 'back dragging' angled for the serrated teeth into the ice with minimal down pressure.

Grooves the ice good, and the ice shavings freeze back down to the ice after a while creating more traction.

Attachments

• 20211204_132037.jpg
    20211204_132037.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 84
   / Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar #20  
I've been looking to see if they are any holidays sale specials and came across this particular thread. After reading the reviews and looking at the YouTube video posted by EA, I am leading towards ordering this attachment for yet another Christmas present to myself .

I love the steel they use and the fact that it's made in America. Yes, I have a plasma, welder, torch, most other metal fabrication tools at my disposal. I rather rip the soil than spend hours creating a concoction with substandard and not hardened steel.

Merry Christmas to all and happy digging