What's Your Favorite Sandwich...???

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #261  
Can only pick one???
Cold leftover turkey with stuffing cranberry sauce with mayo salt and pepper.
Leftover meat loaf with mayo and salt and pepper.
Cuke or tomato with mayo and salt pepper.
Can't forget 3 slices good cheese thick slice tomato with little chop onions.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #262  
My favorite sandwich is BBQ pork Rib sandwich from Kwik Trip gas station, they have them on sale every Tuesday for $1.69 so I usually buy about 10 and take them home to put in the refrigerator.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #263  
All this talk about burgers. I asked the butcher once to grind up the brisket with the cap when he processed the beef. Said he never got that request before. Made real good burgers mixed with the other ground beef as I recall. Today, smoking the white half of a turkey for sandwiches for the up coming hot week.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #264  
I think we are programmed to like salt from thousands of years of using it to preserve foods.

Certainly makes the taste pop, just ask any restaurant, it's their secret ingredient, like cheese sauce.

I sort of disagree,, I believe the secret ingredient is,,,,,,,,,, SUGAR!!,,,,,,,,,,

One time my wife had some ladies over to work on some project,,
we had been making spaghetti sauce out of garden tomatoes.

I decided I would make them a batch of spaghetti,,
As a "kicker" the sauce that was for that evenings dinner was put in a separate pot,,
I added somewhere between a 1/2 cup and 1 cup of sugar.

Those visitors were regulars at going out to dinner,, well, they RAVED about the great sauce that I had made.
I thought they were gonna fight to see who got the last helping,,,,,

After they left, I told my wife about the sugar.
She said she thought the sauce tasted different,,

I never added sugar again,,,

Those visitors talked about the dinner for years,,

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #265  
Last edited:
   / What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #266  
I like the sandwich that is in front of me at any given point, sub sandwiches especially. PB & J is still a pretty good choice. Egg
salad sandwich, roast beef is also good.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...???
When it comes to sandwiches...I think "favorite" is relative to how long it's been since you've had a particular one...!

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #268  
I try to limit bread now, but I like many types of sandwiches. I rarely eat them at home, I get them on rare dining out options.

When dining out at a new to me bar and grill (or similar), I usually will try either their patty melt or their cheese steak.

For me, it needs to be a Texas Cheese Steak. No bell pepper, grilled fresh jalapenos instead. Many places with make the substitution. If not, just hold the bell peppers. I can eat hot stuff, but for some reason bell peppers will remain with me for days.

Patty melts can vary, but unless it has good rye bread it will be one and done for me. Bread is important on the cheese steak as well. I had one last week that was basically on a wide hot dog bun. Horrible waste of otherwise good sandwich.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #269  
I am kind of a simple guy who likes to make a quick lunch, which often means a plain old peanut butter sandwich. Jelly makes them too sweet for my taste. I have probably ate a thousand or more of them in my lifetime and am still not tired of them. Today I had one made with Pita Bread. If I am in a creative mode, I will slice up a banana to put on it, or maybe sprinkle on some cashews, potato chips, or granola. I tried putting jerky on once but it wasn't such a good idea.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #270  
I generally don't care what I eat as long as it makes me full.

But on occasion, I'll give myself a treat. And that treat is a pastrami reuben on mable rye. You have to get it from a proper jewish deli though, if you cut pastrami wrong, it ruins the taste. 6oz of pastrami, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and russian dressing, grilled to perfection. There's not a lot of places that can make a proper one. And I know jews aren't supposed to have cheese with meat, but sometimes I'll make an exception. The results are to die for.

If you're in these parts, I can recommend you a family deli that will make one properly.