Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!!

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #21  
Should be able to stall it out with throttle at idle by putting range (H-L) in high, lock brakes down hard and then depress HST pedal completely down rapidly.

As a side note, older Detroit Diesel engines had a "flapper" on the intake system to cut off the air intake if the engine "ran away".

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #22  
I appreciate your thoughts. Turns out on the Kubota there's a red knob right on the dash that's an engine cutoff! It would really help if I knew what everything was. Duh!
Go to this site and download all the manuals for your unit. (It is listed under L3010, L3410, L3710, L4310, etc.) Read the owner's manual, should tell you all you need to know.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #23  
Disconnecting the battery on a gas engine is useless unless the alternator (or generator) is not working. Engines run just fine without a battery or dead battery. You can cut spark if you have a single coil and distributor by breaking that connection. On newer engines with coils on each cylinder it does not work so well. You pretty much have to pull fuses or relays to shut it down. Fuel pump relay is often the easiest and fastest to find and pull. Less thinking and normally labeled in the relay box.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #24  
I'm ignorant (yes, female) about engines. I took off both sides. I can see what looks like the air intake. Call me stupid, but won't that overheat the engine? I saw what could be the solenoid but no a wire that could be removed.

We all gotta start somewhere, and by finding this TBN forum you are in good company to learn a lot. I'm a tractor rookie, learning everyday. You are asking the right questions, and giving great descriptions of the issue. There is nothing ignorant or stupid about that :)

You aren‘t stupid, just inexperienced. A few TBN members aren’t very friendly or helpful. Stupid is insulting someone without first understanding the situation.

Hey look at the bright side: They say Kubotas keep on running forever, so there’s your proof!
:)

Good luck with your repairs, it should be as simple as a solenoid replacement.

What he said.
Although, I think the actual catch-phrase / slogan is "Nothing Runs Like A Deere" :) Solenoids are a challenge at the best of times.

One last piece of advice. If something feels unsafe, do not do it. Getting a job done is never that important.

AMEN

Have a great day

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #25  
The fuel filter bowl has a shutoff valve built in. If the key doesn't kill the engine, you can pull the stop engine know just below the key. If that doesn't work, shut off the fuel at the filter.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #26  
I appreciate your thoughts. Turns out on the Kubota there's a red knob right on the dash that's an engine cutoff! It would really help if I knew what everything was. Duh!
You were told about the knob,cable from knob to shutoff and manually operating shutoff within 8 minutes of you asking for help to kill the engine. I agree if ignorance was a hanging offence ,not many of us would last long. I also believe to be born ignorant is normal but remaining that way isn't. For your own safety as well as others nearby,you should let someone teach you how to operate your tractor before attempting to use it again.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #27  
Is it still running……….?

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #28  
I'm fine with being ignorant. I'm the first person to ask for help. I take care of my 10 acres myself. I used to change my own oil, change starters, etc. on my cars so I'm not totally ignorant. I wanted everyone to know here that no one actually knew there was a switch to stop the engine. So all of us fall into the category of always needing to learn more.

And WELCOME. Glad you stopped by. (y) :)

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #29  
ya, alot of older tractors had a manual engine stop cable/knob deal. shutting off the key does nothing.

ive always read owners manuals for everything...carts, tractors,etc. in college (ag collage) i took every tractor class i could do. great learning experience.

i also insisted that my wife read the owners manual for my tractor before she could use it. i dont expect her to change oil, but she has to know all safety issues involved in operating it.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #30  
Just for future reference. Might help you or may not. If you have a manual for the tractor, visit the maintenance section. The manual will show you where the air filter is located and how to clean or replace it. Periodic maintenance or cleaning is a regular process to keep the tractor running. Might need cleaning every 50 hours or more so if using the tractor for field work (dust). Also grease all the joints (zerks) shown in the manual about every 10 hours is common.

I think that is why some were Surprised (me also) when you could not find the air filter - and it is a common maintenance item for all of us. And I realize that you may be new at using or working on the tractor.

If you don't have a manual - Get One. Probably find someone here who also has that tractor and a manual. Or Online.

We all learn on this forum. Men have to learn and be safe, and so do women. There are many women here on TBN. Many of them leave good advice and ask great questions. I am glad they ( and you) are here on TBN. I am glad you got it shut off.

And about learning. I also did not think of starving the air supply. I have never had that situation to solve. My first reaction was to cut fuel. And your reaction to "Disconnect the battery" was PERFECTLY LOGICAL. If it were a gasoline engine, that would have worked (because is uses spark plugs to ignite the fuel via electricity. The compression of most gas engines is about 8 to 1 (not enough heat). The diesel engine compression is about 20 to 1, Hot enough to ignite fuel without the "spark".

Well, sorry to waste your time with a long post. I am glad you got it shut off and hope you can get the problem corrected soon. Best wishes, welcome to TBN.
Think I will read the instructions after I know where and how everything works LMAO. Somethings you can get by with that but other things will get you hurt. They make owners manual for tractors for a reason. If no manual make sure you have a friend that can teach you!
It's like crawling on the back of a bull and grabbing it's neck and saying "Let's ride, I will learn as we go".