Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #871  
My Diggit em15 was at 2300psi before adjustment.
These double pumps are some of the highest switchover pressures I've seen compared to typical (higher and lower flow) double pumps on amazon.
I can only imagine it's on purpose?
Wondering if you tested up and down / results?
Where did you end up setting it?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #872  

I thought I remember someone talking about a grapple mod on here.
Leking has good prices and some interesting attachments.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

I thought I remember someone talking about a grapple mod on here.
Leking has good prices and some interesting attachments.
I saw a Utube vid of the rotating log grapple. I want one. Anyone get any quotations from Leking? Many different attachments listed on their site.

I have been stacking logs with my hydraulic thumb and bucket, but a true grapple would be better, and rotation would be fantastic. Even if it was passive, non-hydraulic rotation of only 90 degrees or so.

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #874  
I been talking to them for parts and attachments since they make my machine.

Prices are actually best I've found for the simple attachments- just messaged for the log grapple. I was considering their tilt bucket or 360 rotate base plate and I wanna say those were about 300 fob.

She messaged back. 110usd ?!?!
Edit// Jeeze that's what I'm talking about - 110 is for just the 'grab', doesn't rotate
The 360 grab is 650usd

Last edited:
I been talking to them for parts and attachments since they make my machine.

Prices are actually best I've found for the simple attachments- just messaged for the log grapple. I was considering their tilt bucket or 360 rotate base plate and I wanna say those were about 300 fob.

She messaged back. 110usd ?!?!
Edit// Jeeze that's what I'm talking about - 110 is for just the 'grab', doesn't rotate
The 360 grab is 650usd
I started replying before you edited.

I paid $91, FOB Qingdao, for the mechanical grapple. The ungreasable one. I included it with one of the 2 Oking units I sold. Don't buy it.

The rotating grab is complicated: It has a hyd cyl circuit for the grab, a hyd motor for rotation, and a hyd distribution valve. It is prob worth $650 here, but only if it is well-made with zerks.

How does the Leking person quote shipping to the US? Air or boat? Did you ask?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #876  
These double pumps are some of the highest switchover pressures I've seen compared to typical (higher and lower flow) double pumps on amazon.
I can only imagine it's on purpose?
Wondering if you tested up and down / results?
Where did you end up setting it?
I set mine at 2500psi per dfkrugs recommendation. I did not other testing.

I set mine at 2500psi per dfkrugs recommendation. I did not other testing.
OK, so you set the main RV to 2500, which is fine. If you want to find out what the RV in the pump is set to, and adjust it, it is going to be harder.

The best way I can think to do that is to put a tee fitting on the retract side of the the dipper cylinder, and install a gauge there. The gauge may need a pigtail so you can observe it while you operate the dipper circuit.

Then you need to retract the dipper into the ground until the pump RV reduces the pump flow enough to notice it. It may be subtle. I sure did not notice a change in speed when operating the local Diggit here.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #878  
Yes I think a tee will be only way to check pump RV setting. Mine is noticeable when it kicks over- function noticeably slows and will labor engine if rpm is low.
Can't wait to investigate.

Main RV 2100psi stock, up to 2500 nice. Some components only rated for 3000psi so I guess best to have some leeway.

They'll quote both shipping, no issues. Air seems best for smaller things because end shipping and all the import costs are automatic included and cheaper than sea. Weight and size really hurt though of course.
If interested they'd probably make a video of grapple for you to confirm it's well made- yes you're right it would probably include a solenoid/switch in house to go between motor and and cylinder on the aux circuit. They have some cool attach's.

They'll quote both shipping, no issues. Air seems best for smaller things because end shipping and all the import costs are automatic included and cheaper than sea. Weight and size really hurt though of course.
When I buy parts from China, it is always air-shipped and all the import procedures and fees are automatic as you say. I never have gotten heavy stuff that way, however.

A friend really wants the ripper tooth, but does not want to pay $300-400 for it. I love my ripper tooth; it is a very handy accessory.

I won't be buying the rotating log grapple from China. My biggest concerns, without seeing it first hand, is its quality, and the loss of lifting height.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #880  
Air was >1000$ for <300lbs cost goods 600$. (~1600$ for 3 attachments - cheaper local!)

Instead getting an assortment ~1400lbs cost goods 1900$. Their crate and port fees plus ship warehouse duty and end shipping is about 1700$. (3600$ ddp total for 17 attachments and another 400$ of misc. Large oil cooler, pilot valves, 40x pins, slew motor)