3-Point Hitch 3 point hitch stuck

/ 3 point hitch stuck #1  

Granite Tractor

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560 HSTC, formerly B3030HSDC
Has anyone had a similar issue with an L series tractor?

I purchased an L3560 new a few years ago and have had no issues until this summer when my 3 point hitch stopped operating.

Dealer repaired but issue returned a few weeks later.

From my dealer:

Verified concern, 3-point control handle stuck in position. Disconnected linkage from transaxle, control handle and linkage moves freely. Rust and corrosion found at transaxle housing where linkage turn-rod enters. Lubed and worked free, connected linkage and tested operation. 3-point controls now work as intended.

Thanks

/ 3 point hitch stuck #2  
Any tractor left outside in the elements will run into these kinds of problems

/ 3 point hitch stuck #3  
Have you checked to be sure 3pt rate of drop screw isn't fully closed?

/ 3 point hitch stuck #4  
Has anyone had a similar issue with an L series tractor?

I purchased an L3560 new a few years ago and have had no issues until this summer when my 3 point hitch stopped operating.

Dealer repaired but issue returned a few weeks later.

From my dealer:

Verified concern, 3-point control handle stuck in position. Disconnected linkage from transaxle, control handle and linkage moves freely. Rust and corrosion found at transaxle housing where linkage turn-rod enters. Lubed and worked free, connected linkage and tested operation. 3-point controls now work as intended.

Thanks
Had the same issue with my old L3430. Dealer said it was a common problem. Cleaning & lubing the linkage on a regular basis will keep the problem from recurring.

BTW, my tractor is stored indoors so exposure to the weather is not the cause.

/ 3 point hitch stuck
Any tractor left outside in the elements will run into these kinds of problems
There are dozens of Kubotas in my town that spend their lives outside; have never heard of this issue from neighbors or local farmers.

/ 3 point hitch stuck
Had the same issue with my old L3430. Dealer said it was a common problem. Cleaning & lubing the linkage on a regular basis will keep the problem from recurring.

BTW, my tractor is stored indoors so exposure to the weather is not the cause.
Thanks. My tractor is in the shop - they said it's an internal issue and unfortunately no longer under warranty.

/ 3 point hitch stuck #8  
There are dozens of Kubotas in my town that spend their lives outside; have never heard of this issue from neighbors or local farmers.
I live in a cold wet climate. Water seeps into places and causes problems over time. Sunshine bakes and destroys rubber components, fades paint, blah bah blah.

You must feel extremely fortunate that you live in a bubble free from the effects of time and where everything but Kubotas degrade in the presence of sunshine, dust and moisture.

/ 3 point hitch stuck #9  
It probably has to do with climate. Around here, the air is dry and cool. Things just don't rust or age much outside. Roads are salt free... Our 1958 JD has been outside all it's life with a tarp over the seat and instruments. Paint is still good and it doesn't have any rust. Our 310 sits outside as do all our cars trucks and equipment.

My buddy and I bought and refurbished old motorcycles, PUs, and farm trucks for awhile. Surprising what condition that most were in. A lot of them were driveable after sitting outside or in a shed for decades. Sun damage on upholstry was a problem. Rust was rare.

/ 3 point hitch stuck
I live in a cold wet climate. Water seeps into places and causes problems over time. Sunshine bakes and destroys rubber components, fades paint, blah bah blah.

You must feel extremely fortunate that you live in a bubble free from the effects of time and where everything but Kubotas degrade in the presence of sunshine, dust and moisture.
Makes sense. I wasn't saying Kubotas are immune to the laws of nature; just that the ones around me live really tough lives outdoors and I haven't heard tractor owners I've talked to experience this before.