Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #21  
I am looking for a grapple for my Kioti DK40, I was getting ready to buy the EA grapple.
https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...e-by-Everything-Attachments-p/eta-wrg-cmp.htm
But that seems out of the question now. Most of what I find are for SkidSteers and weigh over 700lbs, bigger and heavier than what I want. I'm just going to be cleaning up/making brush piles, moving some pine logs 6-8' long. Any suggestions for a good replacement for the now apparently defunct EA grapple? TIA
The one you can drive to and take home today

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #22  
So I have an EA 55” single lid. The thing is super heavy even on my tractors. It’s built well, but takes so much capacity. If I was going to buy a grapple it would be something like the frost bite grapple.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #24  
On a multiple thousands of dollar purchase that wouldn’t be part of my decision making tree…
Really? You wouldn’t see what the local dealers have in stock. Craigslist, FB marketplace (etc) to see if there‘s one someone else bought that they don’t want anymore? You’d rather order one, pay for it and months later it never shows?

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #25  
D&D - ABSOLUTLEY. "Drive to and get the same day". And for a couple reasons. I support the local businesses. I DO NOT want to negotiate repairs/warrante over the phone or via email. I can see waiting a week or two - - but months and months - - NO!!!

Mayhaps I'm just lucky. All the implements and my tractor have been on the dealers lot. EVERYTHING - within a 30 mile drive of my place.

All large purchases - I've been able to "put hands on" before laying down any cash. AND - everything was delivered by a dealer - to my place.

There are not enough TUMS to offset the heartburn I would have - if I had to make a large purchase from afar.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #26  
I have an EA grapple and did not know there was an issue when I began with your thread. Looked up EA and looks like not an option. But use mine a good bit on a Kubota L6060 and really like it. But it is not perfect to me.

What I would look for, if moving tree limbs and such. I do not want a single cylinder on the lid. I have a single full width top and wish it was a split top with cylinder on each lid. I would want the back either sheet metal or fine enough expanded metal to block limbs from the front of the tractor. Or you need to build a protection for the front of the tractor.

I came very close to doing hundreds of dollars damage to my tractor with limbs say two inches in diameter pushing into my tractor grill. Fortunately, did not puncture any of the cooling system coils but had to replace a four-hundred-dollar grill.

Amazing how helpful they are.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #27  
I live in MT and purchased a Homestead Implements root grapple, it has been almost 4 years of ownership and it has been flawless.
72074813413__533DAADE-DAF4-4401-B5DB-BF8DB51272D1.jpg

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #28  
I had to decide what type I wanted. Rock/root or limb/trash type. For me it was easy - rock/root. I really don't have much in the way of limb/trash. I use mine to relocate large sections of pine tree trunk and large rocks. I have NEVER dug up a root ball so - single top lid was what I needed. The root ball on a pine that's 38 inches on the butt - just too difficult to even consider digging up. Besides - all my trees ( Ponderosa pine only ) are out on the property. Away from my house, out buildings and lawns. The stump can just sit there and rot away - for all I care.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #29  
Blue Diamond light duty 66 inch double lid . I have been having real good luck with this grapple . Quite pleased . 450 lbs or so . Great for brush , roots and getting logs to the mill. The semi flat bottom makes it good for moving lumber around as well.

Untitled.jpg

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #30  
In my case, I wish i'd bought Titan forks with grapple instead of the rock bucket with a grapple that I got.

And that's having 48 and 60" palletforks already.