Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #1  

IXLR8

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK-40SE
I am looking for a grapple for my Kioti DK40, I was getting ready to buy the EA grapple.
https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...e-by-Everything-Attachments-p/eta-wrg-cmp.htm
But that seems out of the question now. Most of what I find are for SkidSteers and weigh over 700lbs, bigger and heavier than what I want. I'm just going to be cleaning up/making brush piles, moving some pine logs 6-8' long. Any suggestions for a good replacement for the now apparently defunct EA grapple? TIA

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #2  
I have MTL
Been good, no problems, lots of use from tree stumps to heavy long logs.
Most grapples will handle whatever your FEL can handle. In other words, your FEL will probably break before the grapples do.
MTL is also a much better price point. So I guess I am trying to help you NOT spend your money.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #3  
Good topic, following!

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #4  
Here are some pictures of my very useful MTL😁
70016960544__53E583EA-CB15-4497-BF54-E08867347A92.jpeg
IMG_1996.jpeg

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #5  
I second the MTL as I have one but mine is for my skid steer and it's about 1000 lbs, I understand that Homestead makes a nice light weight grapple for compact tractors.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #6  
Rakemaster single and double cylinder 54” modles are really sweet. Built like a brick **** house. A little heavy, but very well made. Can pluck small trees and post out of the ground with its unique plate clamp section. Very durable, and made about an hour from me in Perry Fl.

https://rakemaster.net/

More on the lines of the EA product is Homestead Implements. They make very nice grapples as well.

Grapples - Homestead Implements

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #7  
I really like my homestead implements grapple, link in the post above.
60" is only 312 pounds

Tractor_Grapple.jpg

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #8  
W.R. Long; I use the bolt on, single lid. I don't need to pick up gigantic piles but I have picked up piles that I could not see around. W.R. Long, Inc. | Grapples

Attachments

• IMG_20221028_085600870.jpg
    IMG_20221028_085600870.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 81
   / Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :)
Here are some pictures of my very useful MTL😁
View attachment 850144View attachment 850145
I'm liking the MTL grapples. They weigh more than the EA grapples and cost less. But the one I want is sold out at the moment. "Sold Out" means there is more than a 12 day lead time and they are not taking any more orders until they get below the 12 day backlog. I'm thinking I am liking that way of doing business.

/ Need a grapple for my tractor... help me spend some money. :) #10  
yeah, with the recent EA debacle, I can see that. I don't know what the lead time is now, but when I bought my Homestead grapple 2+ years ago, it was about 2 months, and like EA, it's pre-pay.