Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,951  
Yeah, i need one.:(

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,952  
Well then, I guess it’s time for you to play catch up 😁
Especially with that impressive lift capacity of the dedicated TLB! Let’s see some more.
Well, all righty then!

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_2686.jpeg

EA Wicked 60. Seems to be a pretty good tool.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,954  
Nice machine! I’ve always envied those TLB dedicated models.

Thank you Piston. They are pretty. rugged machines.

When my brother in law first saw it, he said, "you'll be able to cause some real damage with that". After running my JD 855 for 20 years, it was a real change. From 5-7 GPM hydraulic flow to around 25ish GPM takes a while to get used to.

Thanks again,
Doug

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,956  
Nice picture, makes me question my purchase of my root rake grapple!
My root rake style does a fantastic job, and makes quick work of clearing brush encroaching on the field edges and around fruit trees but I do wish I could hold more when gathering logs for fire wood.
Have you used yours to clear any brush, and if so how did it do?

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....
#1,957  
Nice picture, makes me question my purchase of my root rake grapple!
My root rake style does a fantastic job, and makes quick work of clearing brush encroaching on the field edges and around fruit trees but I do wish I could hold more when gathering logs for fire wood.
Have you used yours to clear any brush, and if so how did it do?
Over the last 12-13 years, I've done some pretty extensive clearing using this grapple, including brush and hundreds, if not thousands, of small trees (depending on where we draw the line between brush/trees :))

I've never had a problem with it. If I want to use it more like a 'root rake' style, I angle it so it's about 30°-60° (rough estimate) in the 'dump' position, then lower it so the teeth are into the soil and drive forward. I won't say it's better/worse than a root rake style because I've never done a 'controlled' experiment doing the same job with both types, but I'm very happy with it and have no regrets. I really like the incredible versatility of it, I almost NEVER have my bucket on, in fact as you see in that pic, I keep the grapple on all winter long as I do still get a lot of use out of it.

I'd buy the exact same model to replace it if for some reason it went missing. Any specific questions just ask :)

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,958  
Great post card like picture!
Agree long bottom is the best. After seeing one in an equipment magazine 30+ years ago for skidsteer, adapted my tractor to it. Before ssqa was seen on tractors.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,959  
Well then, I guess it’s time for you to play catch up 😁
Especially with that impressive lift capacity of the dedicated TLB! Let’s see some more.
Hey Piston - Where did you get that attachment for your 3-point that can lift/skid logs? Take care,

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....
#1,960  
Hey Piston - Where did you get that attachment for your 3-point that can lift/skid logs? Take care,
I actually bought mine used off of someone, but the equivalent would be made by Iron and Oak, although I do not know if they still manufacture them. I do know Wallenstein makes them as well. It’s referred to as a “skidding grapple”. I love that thing!
IMG_9535.jpeg

Last edited: