TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,672  
Sincere question, have you ever shot one, and if yes, what type and on what kind of gun?

As Darth_DMack mentioned, one advatage to hunting is you only get the sonic crack of the bullet flying by you.

If you're 300 yards to the east of me and shoot at me with using a can, I'm having a hard time knowing where the gun shot is coming from because all I'm picking up is the sonic crack of the bullet flying by. You shoot 300 yards to the west of me without a can, and I know instantly where you're shooting from.

Don't get me wrong, a animal will start running once they hear the sonic crack, but they can get confused on which way to run.
I have never used one or seen one used. Know nothing about suppressors except for the ones I have on my PCP's. They work so well on the PCPs I do not need hearing protection. I doubt that is feasible with powder burners.

I am on another site (shooting related) and have asked if anyone is near me and willing to host me for a shooting session. I will bring factory ammunition.

Reluctant to make the investment until I know more.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,673  
Reluctant to make the investment until I know more.
My suggestion to you is to be able to put your hands on one, shoot it on what you want to shoot, and try as many cans as possible.

If you want a vacation in NC, you're more than welcome to stop by.

FYI, you'll need to buy at least 2 dedicated .22 cans 😉 When you see a kids eyes light up, worth the experience of owning one.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,674  
My suggestion to you is to be able to put your hands on one, shoot it on what you want to shoot, and try as many cans as possible.

If you want a vacation in NC, you're more than welcome to stop by.

FYI, you'll need to buy at least 2 dedicated .22 cans 😉 When you see a kids eyes light up, worth the experience of owning one.
Don't tempt me.

We are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach next month!!!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,675  
Don't tempt me.

I'm in Central South Carolina... I have a private range on my property. Can do close in pistol work, or stretch out to 800 yds for long range plinking. I have steel set up at known distances, but can also show you how to range with a subtended reticle, just by knowing the measurements of your intended target.

I'm an open book, will gladly share my experience and knowledge freely. After all, I spent my entire adult life acquiring specific skills, would be a shame to not pass them on! ;)

Having said that, my knowledge comes from real world personal experience. I know a LOT about many topics, but I don't know EVERYTHING about ANYTHING. I'm only about 2 hours from Myrtle Beach.

My intent was to share in this thread, and learn from others. Heck, I am a NEWB with tractors, since I just bought my very first one! Shooting is a different story though.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,676  
Don't tempt me.

I was just at my office there the other week. A good 3.75 hour drive.

That said, plenty of room here for the night as long as you can put up with 5 dogs and 2 cats.

The ONLY reason you would make that drive is to hear how a can sounds shooting. I've been here on this forum for a while, and I know for a fact that you could probably teach me a thing or two.

That said, I think I have enough cans and guns that it should give you a good idea if you want to look at cans more.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd take up Dark_Dmack's offer 😉

Besides that, anytime someone from TBN comes by to stay a night, you need to see the expression on my wife's face when I'm explaining it to her LMAO.

IMHO you need to look either south or north of Myrtle. Been here 20 years and the only reason I have even set foot in Mrytle is for work. Lot more nicer areas to go as long as your not looking for college chicks and a circus atmosphere (my opinion only). I'm not got to publically announce my favorite shores here LOL

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,677  
I'm in Central South Carolina... I have a private range on my property. Can do close in pistol work, or stretch out to 800 yds for long range plinking. I have steel set up at known distances, but can also show you how to range with a subtended reticle, just by knowing the measurements of your intended target.

I'm an open book, will gladly share my experience and knowledge freely. After all, I spent my entire adult life acquiring specific skills, would be a shame to not pass them on! ;)

Having said that, my knowledge comes from real world personal experience. I know a LOT about many topics, but I don't know EVERYTHING about ANYTHING. I'm only about 2 hours from Myrtle Beach.

My intent was to share in this thread, and learn from others. Heck, I am a NEWB with tractors, since I just bought my very first one! Shooting is a different story though.
Are you anywhere near Shaw AFB?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,680  
I asked becuse that will be my sons first duty station hopefully next month👍🇺🇲

Last 15 years only get to Charelston (77/26) or Mrytle for work (via 74 from Asheboro). Never hit what I consider "central SC".
I retired here, after falling in LOVE with SC. My wife and I ride BMW Adventure Bikes.... and the first year here, we hit every one of the State's 47 State Parks on our bikes. It really got us out on the back roads, and helped us explore the area. We settled on Camden, due to the proximity to Ft. Jackson and Shaw AFB... all the medical services here are linked into Tricare, so medical coverage later in life will be good to go. We bought property in Camden, and built our retirement home. I love the NW part of the state, up near Traveler's Rest / Table Rock area. It's so nice... From Camden, we can be anywhere in a 5 hour radius!

Sorry for the thread hijack.. :cool: