Do you personally go to a farmer's market?

/ Do you personally go to a farmer's market? #21  
We buy 1/2 a share from our CSA and go get a bag of box of leafy and vegetables every week at a residence in town. Even this 1/2 is a bit much for us two and the variety is great. If this thread is still going this summer I'll show what all we get. Best $$ we ever spent to not feed the deer while we eat better, fresher whatever is prime at that time. So no go to farmers markets anymore.

Last edited:
   / Do you personally go to a farmer's market? #22  
After a number of the farmers markets have been busted as people buying in bulk and reselling, I don't have faith in many of them.

We just grow what we want local and buy from a few individuals some local things.

/ Do you personally go to a farmer's market? #23  
For example there's one outfit that has the most incredible strawberries.
Strawberries can be tricky. They're awesome fresh, but don't keep very well. In the late 80s I worked p/t at a supermarket when I was between jobs. We tried carrying local strawberries, but they were extremely perishable...we'd have to go thru them multiple times a day and cull the ones that'd gone bad since the last cull. Time consuming, and a PITA. We stopped carrying them after that one season.

/ Do you personally go to a farmer's market? #24  
I gave up on our garden about five years after we moved out here. Our "share" kept getting smaller and smaller. And not a one of the forest creatures ever helped with maintenance.

I go to an area just north of Spokane - Green Bluff. I can get all the fruit and veggies I will ever need.

/ Do you personally go to a farmer's market? #25  
We have a couple great farmers markets and go to them whenever we can.