Suggestions on moving a small tractor from Michigan to S.VT

/ Suggestions on moving a small tractor from Michigan to S.VT #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
There is available a Kubota B7200 with mower deck and snow blower located in NW Michigan that I would consider having.

I don't have a trailer for that load, so am looking for suggestions on reasonable options besides the DIY option of buying a trailer for the purpose. I have a utility trailer and don't need another one "just a little larger" ;-)

Trucking quotes are available, but require just a bit more "LxWxH and weight" than I have at present.

Anyone run through this situation that cares to offer suggestions and lessons learned?
Time is not an issue to me. "Insurance" is likely the big issue in the "Friend of a friend" option.

TIA

\Cal

eta
u-haul trailer rental is $35/day x5 and $400 for fuel ;-)

Last edited:
   / Suggestions on moving a small tractor from Michigan to S.VT #2  
There is available a Kubota B7200 with mower deck and snow blower located in NW Michigan that I would consider having.

I don't have a trailer for that load, so am looking for suggestions on reasonable options besides the DIY option of buying a trailer for the purpose. I have a utility trailer and don't need another one "just a little larger" ;-)

Trucking quotes are available, but require just a bit more "LxWxH and weight" than I have at present.

Anyone run through this situation that cares to offer suggestions and lessons learned?
Time is not an issue to me. "Insurance" is likely the big issue in the "Friend of a friend" option.

TIA

\Cal

eta
u-haul trailer rental is $35/day x5 and $400 for fuel ;-)
Why not rent a trailer for 1 or 2 days one-way?

/ Suggestions on moving a small tractor from Michigan to S.VT
Why not rent a trailer for 1 or 2 days one-way?

Hmm I'll need to run the numbers, Thanks for the input.

"No why didn't I think of that" ;-:

/ Suggestions on moving a small tractor from Michigan to S.VT #4  
U haul.

/ Suggestions on moving a small tractor from Michigan to S.VT #5  
How many miles? Google is suggesting over 800 miles each way. That is quite a distance for a small under 20 HP tractor that is over 30 years old.

Tractor Data gives some of the specs. My guess you'll be under 2,000 lbs, even with a couple of accessories, and could tow the trailer with anything from a small SUV to a small pickup.

Looking at the width. 44.9". One page says that the U-Haul car trailer deck minimum width is 41". I wouldn't try to balance it on the U-Haul rails. If I had to use a U-Haul, I'd add extra planks between the rails. But, I'd hunt for a different small trailer.

Perhaps you could find a small tandem axle landscaping trailer. You could be halfway to the cost of purchasing a good used trailer with the rental.

/ Suggestions on moving a small tractor from Michigan to S.VT #6  
   / Suggestions on moving a small tractor from Michigan to S.VT #7  
U haul box truck and some ramps