Just noticed today.... so many trailer campers on home sites.

/ Just noticed today.... so many trailer campers on home sites. #1  

JasperFrank

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1220
In 2023 there was a law change in Oregon that said you can just place and then rent out a camper on your rural property as a tenancy. Everyone seems to be doing this now . I just go WTF, after years of complying to the rules. At first I thought these where ADUs. But nope, they are straight out rentals. Don't know what to think about this. These things are not even hooking to the septic fields, instead using porta-pots. And some folk have multiples of trailer rentals. Hell, I could have 5 or 6. I'm really conflicted here.

/ Just noticed today.... so many trailer campers on home sites. #2  
Jasper the trailer park king? Coming soon?

/ Just noticed today.... so many trailer campers on home sites. #4  
Where I live, county & municipal ordinances limit the length of time such a unit can be occupied. They must be on wheels and moved at least once per year, otherwise they are taxed as permanent structures. Mostly used for hunting camps around here.

/ Just noticed today.... so many trailer campers on home sites. #5  
In 2023 there was a law change in Oregon that said you can just place and then rent out a camper on your rural property as a tenancy. Everyone seems to be doing this now . I just go WTF, after years of complying to the rules. At first I thought these where ADUs. But nope, they are straight out rentals. Don't know what to think about this. These things are not even hooking to the septic fields, instead using porta-pots. And some folk have multiples of trailer rentals. Hell, I could have 5 or 6. I'm really conflicted here.
Why only one? Why not a whole ”encampment” or full blown mini-trailer park?

/ Just noticed today.... so many trailer campers on home sites. #6  
These things are not even hooking to the septic fields, instead using porta-pots.
A neighbor bought a small lot on the cheap. Then brought in an RV. RV's are permitted if they are only seasonal.

Next thing we know, he had a bootleg septic system using a buried 55 gal drum next to a creek. The neighbors downstream from him had a major problem about that-- the County made him remove it.

/ Just noticed today.... so many trailer campers on home sites. #7  
Back in the 1970s, there was a rent house nearby that had an outdoor john built over the creek.

/ Just noticed today.... so many trailer campers on home sites. #8  
California has a new ADU law for rentals.

We are already seeing them advertised.

/ Just noticed today.... so many trailer campers on home sites. #9  
California has a new ADU law for rentals.

We are already seeing them advertised.

I have nothing good to say about this.

/ Just noticed today.... so many trailer campers on home sites. #10  
I owned a camper on recreational land and never again. I hated that camper, we now own a cabin.

There are many on offgrid sites who post pictures of there "offgrid" camper and think "they made it". Campers are nothing but a deprecating liability that are built like crap and will constantly require maintenance and have problems. It is literally cheaper for people to rent a cabin for the 2 weeks a year some people use a camper....sorry rant over.