Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,691  
Morning , 58 going to 79 and sunny.
Last nights rain took about 3 seconds to finish.
Did get 4 side areas mowed.
Wifes new tire was $250, run flats are big money.

Today hopefully get back to sanding and finishing the ceiling in the garage and finishing up the trim and skirt for the new Dishwasher.

Found out my uncle hasn't filed taxes in 3 years. So both Uncle and Father will need a lot more attention. I am not out in SD until August with family, so my brother will go out again and I may need to also.

Got one bag of mulch down and sprayed some weeds popping up along shared road.

Got a Rove R2-4K dashcam for the son's truck, happy with it so far, but havn't needed to extract any video yet.

Be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #189,692  
47F cloudy might reach 60F...Hellooo Ms.May.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today not much if anything. :unsure:
Seems like least couple weeks of things greening up maybe 3 weeks before mowing. :oops:

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,693  
30F going to sunny 68F today.

We have goslings!

At least 3 eggs hatched. I'm not sure if there are any more eggs to hatch, but I did see 3.

Even though they hatched as of yesterday morning, the mom goose sat on the nest all day yesterday and never left. So as of now, she and the goslings have sat there for 24 hours or so. I'm expecting they might be up, out, and running around today-- we will see.

Everyone have a great day !!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,694  
Good Morning,
Anna Maria Island, 70 to start going to 80 with bright sun now !

Today we move to a new unit that is not under renovation with scaffolding around the entire building! Hooray !

Wngsprd, beautiful pictures thank you !

They try to run up the tab worse than a stripper working day shift on Monday.
TBS, that was funny !! Thanks !

Hope all have a good day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #189,695  
Very sunny this slept some last night five baby geese here mommy and daddy tending to their needs.

62 this morning high in 80s a quick shower last evening that’s all creek to pond almost dry not good.

Prayers for all our Country

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,697  
Good Morning.
64° with a high just about 80 today. Nice bright sun shining.
We got about 1/4” of rain last night from a passing front, heard some thunder, but that was about it.

Yesterday started with breakfast with the professor, we were just about done when I got an email from my camera system showing me that I needed to rush home to meet the truck driver to show him where the septic tank was.

snapshot_-713189154.jpg

I’m amazed how well that camera system works. It’s just a batch of POE cameras connected to a dedicated PC running $59 Blue Iris software. It’s been rock solid for at least a decade or longer, I’ve had to replace a camera or two over the years, but it’s completely open architecture and I’ve settled on Dahua cameras as being a good balance of price and performance.

After that it was off to the restaurant to hang the condensing unit on the wall for the walk in Freezer. I did the Refrigerator last year. Both were on the roof previously.

IMG_4273.jpg

They were getting long in the tooth, this was a preemptive replacement, much easier to service here than on the roof.

I cut a piece of 18ga aluminum to make sure that my Kubota excavator bucket ear drawing is correct, if this fits, Then I’ll cut some out or 5/8 or 3/4 steel plate.

The Fusion project for the day was a timing sprocket holder for a Jeep engine. It will hold it while you torque it on to the cam.

IMG_4277.jpg

Ended up back on the rooftop at the restaurant after dinner, both AC units were off line. Got them both running, changed the filters and went home to call it a day.

Not a lot planned for today, someone is coming over this am for a little machine work on some RC plane wheels, the rest of the day will be what ever pops up.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,700  
Good Morning!!!! 57F @ 6:15AM. Sunny. High around 80F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
If I'm not mistaken, this'll be the first time it'll break 80F this year. Usually we'll see 100F before the end of May up here, too. Ugh.

Good find on the cutter, David. Gonna paint it orange now?

Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos, Billy.

Got a three rail motorcycle trailer loaded into the box trailer yesterday, along with a bunch of metal pieces and a few boxes. Now I'm wondering if I'll have enough of a load to fill both van and trailer.

Gave the top of the wood stove a fresh coat of paint. We're supposed to get cold rain on Saturday, so it'll be a good time for a small fire in it to cure the paint.

Found two loaded boxes I missed last trip. A good thing since it was driving me crazy knowing I'd packed them.

Also called on the defensible space letter and was told not to worry about an inspection. Before that I reviewed the regulations, and yes, there is a new requirement for a 10' fire break on the property line. I have a letter from a certified arborist asserting that it would be next to impossible to create such a break here due to the terrain, that attempting to do so would endanger the life of any equipment operator, and also create an erosion problem. But best to let that sleeping dog lie.

Hooked the side-by-side up to a Battery Saver charger to see if it can resurrect the dead battery. It did recognize it as a 12 Volt battery, but it only read 8 something Volts. It was reading 12 something Volts a few hours later, but only at a very low 25% state of charge. That charger lives in an equipment box on the firetruck, and when I pulled it out the plastic bag that covered it had water in it. As did the LCD display on the charger. Hopefully today's sunshine will boil the water off, but I'll have to figure out a better way of waterproofing the charger.

The water softener hasn't worked here for years, probably because the valve body on the resin tank is choked with lime deposits again. I have a choice of looking into that, or the still broken solar charging system at the front gate, or starting the job of grinding the rust off the little 5x8 trailer and getting it painted. Maybe a small dose of all three, with a bit of packing thrown in for good measure? I should also get some photos made and ads placed for the stuff I want to sell up here, too. No rest for the weary.

Happy May/Hump Day, all...