0% Financing ending / what might come up?

/ 0% Financing ending / what might come up? #11  
Retro 25 years ago. 8.5% interest was an advertised bargin. Of couse mortgage rates were running 17% in that era as well. The good old days!:D

You betcha..! I remember! I was working for my great uncle calving beef cows and farrowing 1st litter gilts.

We split a $10K bank CD together for a year @ 18%.

Wow... I'd sure like to have another CD like that - right now! :D

AKfish

/ 0% Financing ending / what might come up? #12  
If the strength of the dollar has anything to do with it then I would say that you're better off waiting. The dollar's gaining strength because the Euro's falling apart. Due to problems in Greece, Spain, Portugal, and Italy. It'll only get worse, in the near term, and the dollar will become the safe haven. In other words the dollar will get stronger, for a while, and probably throughout the summer. That means deflation. Which puts the squeeze on the dealer.
Then, Great Britain will get hit with same debt problems. When you see that happening, watch out. Because once the pound loses it's luster the dollar will be on it's last leg. That would be a great time to buy something, financed in dollars, because the dollar will be ready to give up the ghost. Probably about 2 years away.
That said, I believe easy credit is the reason for a weak dollar. Not the other way around.

I disagree. Right now we have borrowed so much money and have hardly anything to back it up with that the dollar is worth little more than the paper that its printed on. The pound is worth so much that it can stand to loose quite abit and be just fine. If our country wants to dig out of this mess were in then we need new directors. We need politicians like farmers, laborers and hard working poor & middle class. These people for some unknown reason can see things that our current crop of idiots cant see. IE, stop supporting lost causes. No more helping other countries, (**** we cant even help ourselves. Big business that with the help of NAFTA has sent all our industry out of town. No jobs for Americans means low interest rates. Thats great except the people with no jobs cant buy squat. The American work force needs to understand that we can work for less & make a good living. That way we could be competitive with world manufacturing. There are so many issues I could talk about. This problem were in has been a long time slow moving train out of control. We need a great engineer to wheel that train under control & get us back on track. We also need Great Americans to get off there ***'s & start calling state senators & representatives and giving them an ear full. We also need to get ourselves elected. Todd.

/ 0% Financing ending / what might come up? #13  
I disagree. Right now we have borrowed so much money and have hardly anything to back it up with that the dollar is worth little more than the paper that its printed on. The pound is worth so much that it can stand to loose quite abit and be just fine. If our country wants to dig out of this mess were in then we need new directors. We need politicians like farmers, laborers and hard working poor & middle class. These people for some unknown reason can see things that our current crop of idiots cant see. IE, stop supporting lost causes. No more helping other countries, (**** we cant even help ourselves. Big business that with the help of NAFTA has sent all our industry out of town. No jobs for Americans means low interest rates. Thats great except the people with no jobs cant buy squat. The American work force needs to understand that we can work for less & make a good living. That way we could be competitive with world manufacturing. There are so many issues I could talk about. This problem were in has been a long time slow moving train out of control. We need a great engineer to wheel that train under control & get us back on track. We also need Great Americans to get off there ***'s & start calling state senators & representatives and giving them an ear full. We also need to get ourselves elected. Todd.

I was responding to Messicks idea that 0% interest rates, for imports, had anything to do with the strength of the Dollar. If that were true, then why is Chevrolet and Ford offering 0% for 72 months? In other words, I agree with you that the reason for low rates is no jobs - and thus no buyers.
However! If he wants to suggest someone should buy, because the Dollar is falling, I'm simply saying that the Dollar's found support in a collapsing Euro. And probably just enough support to push us back into the arms of deflation. Which simply means that you may see 0% - 7 year rates - before you'll ever see 0% financing cut, in any significant way.
I happen to agree with everything you said, with the exception of the strength of the Pound. If Great Britain follows Europe into debt default, which they will, they won't have Germany to bail them out. Germany's only concern in helping Greece - followed by Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Ireland - is to save the Euro. That leaves only the U.S. to bail Britain out, once the pound takes a hit. That, of course, is impossible given the fact that we're so deep in the hole. All we'll be able to do is watch the nightmare, and wait our turn. Which, as you say, and I agree, gets closer every day.
As of right now the Dollar's found a tail wind, in a falling Euro. Regardless of the fact that we've printed tons of this toilet paper. When Britain starts to see a massive debt default, which is the next shoe to drop, the Dollar will find another tail wind. Why? Because the world needs a ton of toilet paper to get out of their messy trades. Why? Because toilet paper just happens to be the worlds reserve currency. Then again, I also know that the Dollar is toast. If I were a Doctor I would give it about two years to live.
If anyone wants to waste their time, writing some Congressman, then by all means be my guest. No Congressman will get you out of this one. If you think your Congressman is Superman, then write another one for me. I'll be out in the woods enjoying the day.

/ 0% Financing ending / what might come up? #14  
Only thing for sure is that all things change. If interest rates go back to double digits like in the 70s(I remember well ) 0% offers will disappear. Better strike wile the iron is hot. I did 0% for 60 month hard to beat Implements included.

/ 0% Financing ending / what might come up? #15  
I was responding to Messicks idea that 0% interest rates, for imports, had anything to do with the strength of the Dollar. If that were true, then why is Chevrolet and Ford offering 0% for 72 months? In other words, I agree with you that the reason for low rates is no jobs - and thus no buyers.
However! If he wants to suggest someone should buy, because the Dollar is falling, I'm simply saying that the Dollar's found support in a collapsing Euro. And probably just enough support to push us back into the arms of deflation. Which simply means that you may see 0% - 7 year rates - before you'll ever see 0% financing cut, in any significant way.
I happen to agree with everything you said, with the exception of the strength of the Pound. If Great Britain follows Europe into debt default, which they will, they won't have Germany to bail them out. Germany's only concern in helping Greece - followed by Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Ireland - is to save the Euro. That leaves only the U.S. to bail Britain out, once the pound takes a hit. That, of course, is impossible given the fact that we're so deep in the hole. All we'll be able to do is watch the nightmare, and wait our turn. Which, as you say, and I agree, gets closer every day.
As of right now the Dollar's found a tail wind, in a falling Euro. Regardless of the fact that we've printed tons of this toilet paper. When Britain starts to see a massive debt default, which is the next shoe to drop, the Dollar will find another tail wind. Why? Because the world needs a ton of toilet paper to get out of their messy trades. Why? Because toilet paper just happens to be the worlds reserve currency. Then again, I also know that the Dollar is toast. If I were a Doctor I would give it about two years to live.
If anyone wants to waste their time, writing some Congressman, then by all means be my guest. No Congressman will get you out of this one. If you think your Congressman is Superman, then write another one for me. I'll be out in the woods enjoying the day.

Yes, what he said.....
What's this world going to look like in 5 years? Historically, wars have a habit of starting in times like these. Let's all hope for the best while preparing for the worst

/ 0% Financing ending / what might come up? #16  

You certainly feel the way I do. I dont believe in any political office. Thats the problem. There all in bed with each other. On the other hand if Americans could all (key word ALL) band together & start calling it would help to stop the hemorrhage of money. I just received a email from my mom. I'd link it here but dont know how, so I'll just tell ya about it. It a new game called bamopoly like monopoly. The moral of the game is that the government ends up owning everything thus controlling everything. The tag line says, "dont want to play, to bad! Your already playing. How true. We need hard nosers not brown nosers.

/ 0% Financing ending / what might come up? #17  
I was responding to Messicks idea that 0% interest rates, for imports, had anything to do with the strength of the Dollar. If that were true, then why is Chevrolet and Ford offering 0% for 72 months?

It absolutly does. The cost of offering financing is built into the OEM's profit margin. If the margin is cut short in other areas (import costs) then there is less cash to put towards the financing programs.

/ 0% Financing ending / what might come up? #18  
It absolutly does. The cost of offering financing is built into the OEM's profit margin. If the margin is cut short in other areas (import costs) then there is less cash to put towards the financing programs.

My bad. I didn't intend to say that the status of the dollar has no impact at all on financing, but it seems that's the way I put it. I was trying to say that other problems would ***** any move, higher, in interest rates. Regardless of what the dollar does. Or that is, unless the dollar totally crashed - which is impossible, at this moment, given that it's the world's reserve currency.
If that were to happen, in the very near future, you won't have to worry about financing charges. This ain't the 1930's, and people today are not of the same grain as our grand parents. They won't stand in a soup lines. They'll simply tear the store down and take what they want. The governments of the world know this, all to well, and that's why you'll see a black swan, here and there, to slow the burn. Still, regardless of what they do, the Phoenix will burn.

/ 0% Financing ending / what might come up? #19  
The governments of the world know this, all to well, and that's why you'll see a black swan, here and there, to slow the burn. Still, regardless of what they do, the Phoenix will burn.

Come on.... you should work a little harder to be melodramatic....!!! :eek:

Good grief - I don't know how you ever make it out of bed in the morning?? :D

AKfish

/ 0% Financing ending / what might come up? #20  
"and that's why you'll see a black swan, here and there," (Quote by Punk)

You talking bout nobama :D