1,000 hour service

/ 1,000 hour service #1  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
Well the old girl is 9 years old and just shy of 1,000 fairly trouble free hours. Only had a few minor issues over the years. Today i changed the air filter, the fuel filter, oil filter, hydraulic oil filter and hst filter. Replaced all fluids and was just draining the front axle when i see 90 weight residue on the inside of one tire. I could probably replace the seals myself, but the dealer tells me he can replace both sides for $300-400. I looked at my service manual, and it looks like a 2-3 hour job for someone (that knows what thee doing.... you know.. not me)to do both....so ill let them do it. I scheduled it for 2 weeks from now. The manual also states that the valves are due for an adjustment. Has anyone here done that to theirs? I will ask the dealership what that would cost, but that is something i could do myself if price is too much. This tractor has been trouble free and a joy to own. I cant complain and id buy another in a heartbeat. While i have the loader off im going to wax and clean all the glass. She will look brand new when im finished.

/ 1,000 hour service #2  
I did a valve adjustment on my DK 35 at around 2000 hours or so. Was fairly easy to do.
Mine too has been fairly trouble free. (a few minor issues over the years- tach cable, cracked fuel filter bowl, 1 new battery at 11 years old, Etc)
Replaced left rear axle seal around 2100 hours.
Overall been very good. Currently has 2165 hours.

/ 1,000 hour service #4  
Well the old girl is 9 years old and just shy of 1,000 fairly trouble free hours. Only had a few minor issues over the years. Today i changed the air filter, the fuel filter, oil filter, hydraulic oil filter and hst filter. Replaced all fluids and was just draining the front axle when i see 90 weight residue on the inside of one tire. I could probably replace the seals myself, but the dealer tells me he can replace both sides for $300-400. I looked at my service manual, and it looks like a 2-3 hour job for someone (that knows what thee doing.... you know.. not me)to do both....so ill let them do it. I scheduled it for 2 weeks from now. The manual also states that the valves are due for an adjustment. Has anyone here done that to theirs? I will ask the dealership what that would cost, but that is something i could do myself if price is too much. This tractor has been trouble free and a joy to own. I cant complain and id buy another in a heartbeat. While i have the loader off im going to wax and clean all the glass. She will look brand new when im finished.
Good write up.

/ 1,000 hour service #5  
Did you change fan belt?

/ 1,000 hour service #6  
Great to hear you hit the 1000 hour mark with very few problems. What do you use to drain the 11 gallons of Hydraulic fluid into? I'm almost due for my first change of this.
Trying to figure out what type of container will fit under the tractor and still hold that much.

/ 1,000 hour service #7  
Great to hear you hit the 1000 hour mark with very few problems. What do you use to drain the 11 gallons of Hydraulic fluid into? I'm almost due for my first change of this.
Trying to figure out what type of container will fit under the tractor and still hold that much.

I use 4 drain pans, have a wife or buddy, drain into one and have the next ready, slide one out and one in. Let your helper empty pan #1 while your filling pans #2 and #3, if you need a period of no flow shove a finger over the drain plug hole and wait for pans to be poured into containers. Make sure you save your large oil containers for doing these big jobs.... You need a place to pour off the old stuff as you are filling pans. The finger on the drain hole works fine if you can't get a swimming pool under there :)

/ 1,000 hour service
I used a large metal bin i got at a feed store. It holds 15 gallons. I then transfer that into old 5 gallon buckets with a cut down 1 gallon plastic bucket and funnel. Works great. No spillage. Our landfill takes used oils for free.

I checked fan belt and it is in great shape. I did not replace it. The radiator hoses are also in great shape. I changed radiator flouid and flushed system in late 2016.

/ 1,000 hour service #9  

I syphoned out as much as I could before pulling a drain plug. Mine holds like 17 gallons so it helped a bunch.

GTG, glad to hear about the hours and mainly problem free ownership. I'm up to 400 hours...no problems.:thumbsup:

/ 1,000 hour service
i did have one other issue this winter. i pulled my tow hook off the tractor pulling a neighbor out of a ditch in snow and ice. i found the hook, and found that Kioti really sucked at installing it the first time. it was welded to the battery compartment plate instead of the frame. i ground down a flat spot and rewelded it yesterday to the frame. wont pull free again. 20190403_113147.jpg.

this is where it was attached . looks like 16 ga steel and they attached a 1" diameter steel hook.

heres it completed.20190403_113138.jpg