#10 backhoe ? front end loader ?

/ #10 backhoe ? front end loader ? #1  

echo8287

I have a 1990 2155 John Deere with a 175 loader and a #10 backhoe. Recently I left the key in it and some local kids took it for a joy ride. Apparently they hadn't driven a tractor before and ran it into a tree, bending the loader bucket. I straightened the bucket, but now it won't articulate. Any suggestions on what to check on that problem?
My second question is>on my #10 backhoe I blew a hole in the hydraulic line from the back of the tractor to the backhoe. I decided to change both lines since they are 31 years old. I marked each one where they went and told the guy making the new hoses to leave the tags on each one. Well I got them back and they didn't transfer the markers to the new hoses. So my question is> they have quick connects on the hoses, the backhoe is marked in and out where the hoses hook up. Is there anyplace on the tractor that is marked in and out or supply and return so I can sort this out? Thanks for any info,Dave

/ #10 backhoe ? front end loader ? #2  
Is the bucket holding position or is it just flopped forward?

/ #10 backhoe ? front end loader ?
Holding position. I noticed right after the wreck it would curl a little then >not at all.

/ #10 backhoe ? front end loader ? #4  
Check your couplers it could of broke one loose. With hitting a tree the hyd spick maybe broke one of poppet valves in the couplers, eather way check them out.

/ #10 backhoe ? front end loader ? #5  
On JD 2155 tractor the BH hyd hose(key 9) is pressure that attaches to tractor at the rear of pressure control valve & return hose(key 12) attaches to ported hyd filter cover. I agree to check FEL quick disconnects to be sure they're seated correctly

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-04 070748.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-04 070748.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 40
   / #10 backhoe ? front end loader ? #6  
Hi' If you are going to leave the key in the ignition that's just asking for trouble, I have a Cat backhoe loader where any cat key will start it, so What I did was to put in a hidden kill switch that will turn on the ignition lights but won't engage the starter solonoid , as if the battery was flat, also put the legs down and just take enough weight off the rear wheels so it can't be towed, the legs won't come up unless the motor is running.

There has been an attempt to steal it, fortunately it ran out of fuel before it got to my gates, the drum of fuel was right near the tank with a pump in it ready to be fueled up, there is a pad lock on the fuel cap as well. The Cat weighs around 9 ton and would have done some damage to fences or gates or buildings if it were taken for a joy ride by in experienced kids or just plain idiots.

/ #10 backhoe ? front end loader ?
I got the loader working and it was one of the quick connects, thank you all for your help. I do need to put a kill switch on the tractor, the kids wouldn't be able to figure that out since it's not on video games. I started another thread about the #10 backhoe and I am trying to get it to work now,Thanks again,Dave