10 year old Kubota bx24 price check.

/ 10 year old Kubota bx24 price check. #1  

Rock Crawler

Veteran Member
Tractor
2021 Kubota L3560 HSTC, 2011 Craftsman Excellerator GT (680hrs), 2018 Husqvarna TS354XD, 2017 Husqvarna HU800AWD, 2019 Kawasaki Mule Pro DX (Yanmar)
I've come across a ten-year-old, 2007 Kubota bx24 tractor , MMM, loader and backhoe for $10,000. The unit has eight hundred hours on the clock. Both the backhoe bucket and the front end loader bucket appear to be well used, the radiator shroud is cracked, and some of the plastic rear fender material is cracked. But as far as leaks and structural build it looks to be in great shape. At this point in 2017, would you pay $10,000 for an 800 hour Kubota bx24 tlb?

/ 10 year old Kubota bx24 price check. #2  
10K might be a little heavy if it's busted up some..I believe some versions of the BX24 had too much plastic and this is what you are finding..Guess it depends on whether the owner fully maintained it..Flued changes etc are critical. If not evidence of that, I'd pass personally. Not too bad of a price though. I see versions of mine going for 12-13 and they don't last long. You can get a new one in the 17-19 range sometimes at the end of the season. New is good--You know what it's been through. I see people leaving these outside year around--That would kill me.

/ 10 year old Kubota bx24 price check. #3  
Sounds a bit like my bx 24 , I use mine and it has some battle damage . I wouldnt let mine go for 10K

/ 10 year old Kubota bx24 price check.
Sadly, I called Thursday to verify it was there and the fellow told me it was already sold. I thought that at $10K it was worth a serious consideration.... even if smaller than I want, at that price I could buy/try and if I wanted out I could likely sell it for what I paid and not be out anything for the experiment.

/ 10 year old Kubota bx24 price check. #5  
In my experience, any BX 23,24 or 25, regardless of age or hours will always be a good deal for $12K or less. There seems to be a “floor” at about $11-12K which means they simply stop depreciating. If you invest 12K and keep it operational you can sell it for 12K years later. Probably the lowest ownership cost of any tractor. Everyone has a potential use for a small TLB which keeps them forever popular.

/ 10 year old Kubota bx24 price check.
I should note that I found another similar vintage BX24 that was traded in with the rear differential and axle housing exploded. The dealer told me that he was replacing the entire rear axle assembly since the differential came apart and split the entire housing and would sell at $10,500 after it is repaired. Is there any fear of buying a tractor after that rear hydrostat axle has been replaced? I'm a bit concerned about the hydraulic fluid taking metallic particles and moving them to the pumps and other areas. Would this one be one to stay far away from? It is a TLB set up, similar to the other one I lost last Thursday.

/ 10 year old Kubota bx24 price check. #7  
In my experience, any BX 23,24 or 25, regardless of age or hours will always be a good deal for $12K or less. There seems to be a “floor” at about $11-12K which means they simply stop depreciating. If you invest 12K and keep it operational you can sell it for 12K years later. Probably the lowest ownership cost of any tractor. Everyone has a potential use for a small TLB which keeps them forever popular.

So I guess my '09 BX25 in mint condition with 600 hrs. must be worth at least $15k, eh?

/ 10 year old Kubota bx24 price check. #8  
So I guess my '09 BX25 in mint condition with 600 hrs. must be worth at least $15k, eh?

Pretty close. What I have noticed is that there is depreciation over the first few years but that there is a floor around $12k. Added implements might change the price a bit too. The BX25 is probably a better deal even for a couple thousand more but I'd guess that in another five years (when the BX27 is out) that a 23,24 and 25 with similar hours will go for roughly he same price. The guy with a 23 to sell will still have the lowest ownership cost. I've been tracking the used prices for over a decade and that $12K figure has held steady.

The BX23 and siblings are 1) the lowest priced well recognized TLB on the market, 2) even folks with zero experience are not intimidated by such a small tractor and 3) a small TLB is fantastic for just about any DYI landscaping project on an acre or less. That means there is a great demand as it is easily cheaper to buy a used BX TLB, do your projects and then sell rather than hire a professional crew to do the work.