$1000 Coolant Change

/ $1000 Coolant Change #1  

applepicker

Tractor
Kubota BX2230
On 12/19/13 I changed my anti freeze with Fleet Charge in my BX2230. In past years I have used FLEET CHARGE. I did so again following the procedure outlined in the directions. After 5 hours running time the anti freeze turned milky/caulky and completely clogged my radiator. My Kubota dealer has never seen such incident as this. I now have to replace the core and the total bill will approach $1000. Has anyone had a similar experience with Fleet or other coolants?

Last edited:
   / $1000 Coolant Change #2  
I would bet you have something else getting into the cooling system. My first guess would be oil.
Bill

/ $1000 Coolant Change
The Kubota dealer did a complete check and no oil in coolant nor coolant in oil.

/ $1000 Coolant Change #4  
I run Prestone Heavy Duty coolant that is SCA precharged in my L2800 with no issues. I tend to agree with Hooked. Even then I would be skeptical about completely clogging the radiator to the point it can not be cleaned. A second opinion might be in order.

/ $1000 Coolant Change #5  
I don't know what you had.....but you cannot mix green and ELC coolants....they will make mud.
Some brands of ELC will not "get along" with each other either.

/ $1000 Coolant Change
I drained the radiator and took the contents to the dealership. After standing overnight two layers appear. A pinkish upper(coolant color) and a milky, thickish bottom layer. If oil is in the coolant, shouldn't it be apparent and be on top? I just did an experiment with the Fleet and Rotilla oil and it does not look like what drained from my radiator.

/ $1000 Coolant Change
I had Fleet Charge in the tractor for the previous 2 years and just changed using with the same brand/type after flushing system to clear water.

/ $1000 Coolant Change #8  
Try mixing a little water with the coolant and repeat your experiment. Let us know if the results are different.

/ $1000 Coolant Change
Try mixing a little water with the coolant and repeat your experiment. Let us know if the results are different.

The antifreeze come premixed 50:50, so there is ample water.

/ $1000 Coolant Change #10  
I don't know what you had.....but you cannot mix green and ELC coolants....they will make mud.
Some brands of ELC will not "get along" with each other either.

Sounds like you may be onto the problem.