100MPH WIND!

/ 100MPH WIND! #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
It's that time of year. The snows have melted and its time to start cutting grass. Don't forget you can use your backpack blower or regular leaf blower to blow all that stone you windrowed off your road into your grass back onto the road. Beats raking.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ 100MPH WIND! #2  
Hey, I may have to try that. Right now I'm using my 13 year old son for that task. He may like the blower idea too!

/ 100MPH WIND! #3  
I just have a plug in toro, will that really work? Was learning all winter so have a fair amount of gravel where it does not belong.

/ 100MPH WIND! #4  
I use the shop vac and a 100' drop cord. When that won't reach I load the generator and shop vac in the gator and go after them.

/ 100MPH WIND! #5  
Do not take this the wrong way, but could not resist and it is a honest serious question: do you suck or blow them? And that is all it takes? So how close do you have to be (i know, depends on how heavy they are).

/ 100MPH WIND! #6  
4720 OWNER said:
Do not take this the wrong way, but could not resist and it is a honest serious question: do you suck or blow them? And that is all it takes? So how close do you have to be (i know, depends on how heavy they are).

I suck them up. I have 1" and smaller rocks so it works pretty good with 20' of hose and 4' of pipe. I have to get about an inch or two away.

/ 100MPH WIND! #7  
I just do it the old fashion way and rake it up, but now I'll have to try the blower.
Reminds me of a funny storey, after a nasty wind storm my entire yard was littered with tree debris, mostly under 1" stuff. So I asked the guy that works with me to start raking up the yard while he waited for me to come out, he promptly took out the 9 hp billy goat walk behind blower, I was kinda mad at first cause I didn't think it would do a good job, when I asked why he used the blower he answered in his Polish accent "wind knock it down, wind pick it up" I couldn't argue as it did a great job.