110 TLB Grapple choice

/ 110 TLB Grapple choice #11  
Matt,
I have a Worksite pro 66" rock bucket with 3" spacings, while it helps it does hold too much dirt for my liking. As far as weight I would not want a grapple to weigh over 800 lbs, less would be better imo. The second grapple you linked too seems about right imo.

/ 110 TLB Grapple choice
Keep in mind that you don't necessarily need a grapple wide enough to cover your wheel width. That will help on weight. You also don't need a grapple that will stand up to a high horsepower CTL. I'd look at the heavier tractor type or light weight skid steer units.

I'm leaning towards a 65" grapple at this point. Here's the other unit I'm interested in:NOTCH Manufacturing Inc.

It's in the 600lbs range.

Matt

Last edited:
   / 110 TLB Grapple choice #13  
Keep in mind that you don't necessarily need a grapple wide enough to cover your wheel width. That will help on weight. You also don't need a grapple that will stand up to a high horsepower CTL. I'd look at the heavier tractor type or light weight skid steer units.

I agree, you don't need a 72'' wide grapple. That's what I have. If I had to do it all over, I would buy the narrowest grapple that will fit. (I should have listen to the guys on TBN ) I bought the grapple from MIE

110 Grapple 001.JPG
110 Grapple 002.JPG
110 Grapple 006.JPG

Error

Last edited:
   / 110 TLB Grapple choice #14  
I have the same one as Doc but 66".

Attachments

• 2013_0427yard2013april0015.jpg
    2013_0427yard2013april0015.jpg
    1,012.1 KB · Views: 277
   / 110 TLB Grapple choice #15  
I should have mentioned that I previously had a swept bottom single lid made my Millonzi. I usually grab several logs at a time so not too concerned about it rolling around. I also will be used for rocks, which the root rake type aren't the best at. I'm mostly concerned about the weight. I believe my tractor is rated to around 2600lbs at the pins, is a 900lbs grapple gonna make me wish for a lighter unit?

Why not use the Millonzi? I use one with a 2760lb lift Kioti DK40. Works fine. At about 300lbs it leaves you with lots of net lift capacity.

/ 110 TLB Grapple choice #16  
   / 110 TLB Grapple choice
I agree, you don't need a 72'' wide grapple. That's what I have. If I had to do it all over, I would buy the narrowest grapple that will fit. (I should have listen to the guys on TBN ) I bought the grapple from MIE

View attachment 422202 View attachment 422203 View attachment 422204

Error

Doc, that's a nice grapple, what's the weight on it? I like the rear screen and it looks to be a good compromise. How do you like it?
As far as the width I agree to an extent but it really depends on what you're doing. If your picking up brush, the larger width is good but for the majority of my uses a narrow unit will work.

The Millonzi went with the sale of my 3320, bare in mind I've had a grapple for year so I'm very familiar on the pro's an con's. I'm just torn on this purchase because the 110 is a bit more powerful and I want a robust grapple that's not too heavy. It seems to be a very fine line. No matte what I buy I'll likely always wonder about another style. There's just too much good stuff out there.

Matt

/ 110 TLB Grapple choice
I was even more convinced I need a grapple ASAP this weekend. Loaded up two trailer loads of Oak like this.IMG_1041.jpg

The 4in1 is ok but it's no where near as capable as a dedicated grapple. I also used the forks a bit and a lot of hand loading ensued which ate up valuable time. Since the stump had an appointment with the Morbark, what an awesome machine and the operatorwas fantastic.
IMG_1044.jpg