1120 D Kubota side X side

/ 1120 D Kubota side X side #1  

rockarosa

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4550
I have 50 hours on my Kubota and stopped at the dealers for filters and oil. According to the owners manual at 50 hours you should change engine oil and filter. Service man told me to change the filters only on the engine Transmission and Hydraulic and top them off. Said you don't need to change the motor oil until you have 200 hours. Anyone here been told that?

/ 1120 D Kubota side X side #2  
I prefer to change engine oil on a new machine earlier rather than later of what's recommended. I'd definitely be in the change mode at 50 hrs on the engine. For the Trans I'd probably run it out to 100hrs or so. If the Hydraulics is a separate system as it is on my 900 I'd probably run it out to 100hrs or more too.

My RTV900 Work Shop Manual says the following

Change Engine Oil at 50hrs, then 100hr intervals after that. Says change filter at 50, then 200, then 400. I would never change oil in any department without changing the filter.

Change Trans filter and oil at first 50, then at 200, then 400.

Change Hydraulic filter at first 50, then 200, then 400.

Change Hydraulic oil at first 200, then 400.

/ 1120 D Kubota side X side #3  
Uh no way would I wait to 200 hours.

Edit, what Richard said X2.

/ 1120 D Kubota side X side
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I just came in from changing the oil. Man that filter was tight!

/ 1120 D Kubota side X side
Do any of you know where the drain plug for the tranny is on the 1120's? this owners manual is very basic. Well, I found it, I'm all done everything done for the 50 hour check up/. The dealer charges $89.50 an hour.

Last edited: