125 C.F. argon co2 mix

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #1  

RobertBrown

Elite Member
Tractor
Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920
How much should it cost to get my tank refilled or an exchange for it? I own the tank.
I haven't bought gas in a while and just got a price from airgas that was twice what I paid last time.
I just need a benchmark

Thanks

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #3  
It's all over th map. EVERY welding supply can or could sell you that gas for $20 and still make plenty to keep the transaction off the Gross Margin Report. It's such a rip off for the average joe. I know dozens and dozens of small fab guys who use 1-2 of the 300 Cf tanks of 75/25 or 90/10 per month and they are paying $19- $23 a tank for 300 cf.. I encourage anyone who reads this to go to different distribs if possible and find a guy you can relate to and befriend him or her. He or she will be the one who has your back on these rediculous gas prices. I know that ( as an example ) Hormel pays $6 for the big oxygen. What is it? 230cf or something. K size.. Oxygen and or 75/25 even in the big tanks, has about .80 worth of gas in them. $76.66 for an M or 125cf is the biggest farce I have heard of in months. All this price tells me is Airgas is not little guy friendly. Actually, I can't stand Airgas. Sorry. This angers me something awful. I used to have to pay for my gas and I'm not sure I would even bother welding at $76 a tank. I'd go to CO2 and put up with a little spatter. If you are running an inverter you owe it to yourself to try CO2 anyway. It's like 1/4 the price and lasts 4 times longer. **** that $76 number makes me mad. Sorry.

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix
I wish I was quoted 76.66$
I remember having problems with pricing the last time I filled this tank.

Thanks yomax4
Unfortunately....Airgas has this area locked up. There are no other options that I can find.

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #6  
I have been dealing with Crumptons in Tampa for about 30 years and their prices are fair but if I'm on the road and need to go to another supplier for gas the prices are much higher and sometimes double what I normally pay. Some of these big chain outfits will probably never give you a break unless you have a large account with them , they don't really care about the little guy too much.

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #7  
I wish I was quoted 76.66$
I remember having problems with pricing the last time I filled this tank.

Thanks yomax4
Unfortunately....Airgas has this area locked up. There are no other options that I can find.

Here in the Redding CA area no matter what shop you get swap your bottles at,,,, the gas still comes from Airgas. They are the one and only supplier. So you get a scenario where one LWS may stick it in all the way and get as much as they can possibly get or another may minimize the profit margin and charge as little as they can and still survive but the base prices are still dictated by the gas supplier. I imagine many other locals are similar.

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #8  
Here in the Redding CA area no matter what shop you get swap your bottles at,,,, the gas still comes from Airgas. They are the one and only supplier. So you get a scenario where one LWS may stick it in all the way and get as much as they can possibly get or another may minimize the profit margin and charge as little as they can and still survive but the base prices are still dictated by the gas supplier. I imagine many other locals are similar.
look here. welding gas suppliers Redding CA - Google Search and look here. Best 7 Welding Supplies in Redding, CA with Reviews - YP.com

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #9  
Some of these big chain outfits will probably never give you a break unless you have a large account with them , they don't really care about the little guy too much.
I agree with this, however, in their defense since I've been on both sides (not in welding), some of the little guys are more trouble and cost more than the sale is worth.

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #10  
Don't know if it's true,or not. I was told by the place that fills my tanks that if Air gas fills it, they will stamp their name into the tank, and no one else will fill it in my area