125 C.F. argon co2 mix

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #11  
Don't know if it's true,or not. I was told by the place that fills my tanks that if Air gas fills it, they will stamp their name into the tank, and no one else will fill it in my area

That sounds like an illegal trade practice; do you have other options?.

A had an exchange O2 tank a year ago that had 3 suppliers name stamped on it. My supplier only looks for certain types of stamps. When I took it back, exchange again no questions. They assume all tanks smaller than size 4 to be private owned. Probably now an industry standard. You but a new tank and it goes in the exchange group and you get an exchange one. They are a large regional independent chain. The smaller the container the higher the price due to handling costs. Acetylene costs per CF on a MC tank versus a 60 CF tank are way apart. I don't MIG or TIG so not into pricing those mixtures. Large industrial user get the big DOER tanks that hold the gas as a liquid. Brings the price down. Those are all leased. They make their money on demurrage not the gas probably. One past contractor I worked for many years ago used to lease the small tanks we carried in a service truck. Figured out the demurrage and day and went out and bought tanks for each truck.

Ron

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #12  
That sounds like an illegal trade practice; do you have other options?.

A had an exchange O2 tank a year ago that had 3 suppliers name stamped on it. My supplier only looks for certain types of stamps. When I took it back, exchange again no questions. They assume all tanks smaller than size 4 to be private owned. Probably now an industry standard. You but a new tank and it goes in the exchange group and you get an exchange one. They are a large regional independent chain. The smaller the container the higher the price due to handling costs. Acetylene costs per CF on a MC tank versus a 60 CF tank are way apart. I don't MIG or TIG so not into pricing those mixtures. Large industrial user get the big DOER tanks that hold the gas as a liquid. Brings the price down. Those are all leased. They make their money on demurrage not the gas probably. One past contractor I worked for many years ago used to lease the small tanks we carried in a service truck. Figured out the demurrage and day and went out and bought tanks for each truck.

Ron

The place that fill my tanks said Air Gas actually won a lawsuit about someone filling their tanks.
He said something about Air Gas stating in the contracts,they don't sell their tanks. they lease them to their customers

I was charged $96.00 to fill my 130cf tank with 100% argon, a new valve, test, fill a small nitrogen tank, and I purchased a torch tip

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #13  
The place that fill my tanks said Air Gas actually won a lawsuit about someone filling their tanks.
He said something about Air Gas stating in the contracts,they don't sell their tanks. they lease them to their customers

I was charged $96.00 to fill my 130cf tank with 100% argon, a new valve, test, fill a small nitrogen tank, and I purchased a torch tip

Is yours a leased tank? Did they stamp one of your private purchase tanks? Years back I shopped at an Air Gas outlet and they exchanged my smaller (60 CF) private tanks. Maybe Air Gas does own all their 125 CF and larger though. Seems like I have gotten Air Gas 60 CF tanks on private exchange before. Was your test cost for the periodic hydro test? I had an O2 tank I bought at auction that cost me the $20 test fee.

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #14  
Not sure about stamping various company names on the tank. If Airgas owns the tank it will have an Aigas Neck Ring on it. If the neck ring has no name on it, The tank is yours. just make up a receipt that says you own it. Also, I've seen tanks that were 50 years old before valve replacement if there is no damage to the threads. The gland parts in the valve can be replaced for next to nothing. There's not much in there. If they are charging for valves they should be ashamed. What a racket. I remember back in the mid 90's another large gas company started the Haz Mat charge. I think it ws $2.00 per invoice that had a cyllinder on it. We were told to explain it as a charge that covers employee and customer training and tank maintenence ie: Hydrotest, Paint and Valve if needed. ( I think it's $3 now ) Anyway the very 1st year the company made 11 million dollars off that bogus charge. It was so successful that they implemented a delivery charge of $10. ( they had to change their motto of no delivery charge ever ) So with the Haz-Mat and delivery charge it took away their cost to do business and soon, Almost all of the other companies followed suit. That being said, Now they feel the need to gouge the walk in customers with Rediculous gas prices.

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #15  
my tank is not a leased tank. I bought mine from an independent guy yrs ago. This independent guy sold out to a larger nationwide outfit (not Air Gas)

the place I now use told me Air Gas stamped their name into the tank (not a ring) because other companies were taking the ring off and adding their ring.

As stated. This is coming from a company that fills tanks, so I don't know. I have never dealt with Air Gas

They said my valve wouldn't shut off all the way, so they had to replace it

I went to the shop and got the bill for exact cost.

1- 20cf nit. - $7.00

1- 130cf - argon- $20.00

1-argon valve - $25.00

1- torch tip - $12.00

Hydro test- $18.00

Hazmat- $1.50

tax - $8.35

Next time I should only be out

argon, hazmat, and tax

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #16  
I believe the 4ft tall tanks are the only ones you can own around here. I think there 80cf tanks. Everything else is a rental.

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #17  
Airgas is most expensive in my area, best pricing and service for me is Praxair...

When I went to buy my 125cuft C25 tank, Airgas wanted $299 for tank and first fill, went about 6 blocks down the street to Praxair, and tank and fill $199....... No brainer...

Dale

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #18  
I believe the 4ft tall tanks are the only ones you can own around here. I think there 80cf tanks. Everything else is a rental.

Depends on area.... I "bought" a 125 from Praxair and when we went out to gas dock to get tank, they were out of 125's, person on dock said here, take this 175... Been exchanging the 175 ever since...

Dale

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #19  
that better not be true for Acetylene because they'd wind up with explosions from people trying to weld 1/2" steel or using a large heating or cutting tip!. that would be stupid for a welding supply to try restricting like that. it's a safety concern!. they could do that safely with other gases, but what's the sense?.. I really need my WTL 390 cu.ft. acetylene tank for safety when using large tips!.. if you draw too many cu. ft. you wind up drawing up the acetone, ruining your regulators and hoses, and running the risk of explosion!.. not good at all!..

/ 125 C.F. argon co2 mix #20  
Don't know if it's true,or not. I was told by the place that fills my tanks that if Air gas fills it, they will stamp their name into the tank, and no one else will fill it in my area
THAT would be THEFT by conversion!. ILLEGAL..