135 continental rebuild cost?

/ 135 continental rebuild cost? #1  

johnking

Silver Member
Tractor
1965 Massey 135
My 135 is somewhere above 6000 hrs. The water pump just died and while it is down I think it is time for a rebuild. What is the approx cost for having a shop rebuild?

/ 135 continental rebuild cost? #2  
All the parts depending on what you need to replace around $450.00 - $750.00

Labor cost is another thing, it depends on the shop, what part of the country where you live, and if they have rebuilt a Continental engine like these. That's the one of the first things I'd ask if have they rebuilt these engines before asking how much the labor will cost. If you have a MF dealer close by ask them who they use for engine work. The Continental engines are a bit different to rebuild than most engines. For labor/machining cost if they take apart, and put the whole engine back together just a guess on my part $1000.00 - 1500.00 if you remove, and install the engine yourself, for a shop to do the whole deal I'm guessing probably another $500.00

/ 135 continental rebuild cost? #3  
All the parts depending on what you need to replace around $450.00 - $750.00

Labor cost is another thing, it depends on the shop, what part of the country where you live, and if they have rebuilt a Continental engine like these. That's the one of the first things I'd ask if have they rebuilt these engines before asking how much the labor will cost. If you have a MF dealer close by ask them who they use for engine work. The Continental engines are a bit different to rebuild than most engines. For labor/machining cost if they take apart, and put the whole engine back together just a guess on my part $1000.00 - 1500.00 if you remove, and install the engine yourself, for a shop to do the whole deal I'm guessing probably another $500.00

That engine is very common on fork lifts

/ 135 continental rebuild cost?
Thanks. I have a great tractor shop just down the road.

/ 135 continental rebuild cost? #5  
I had the 27hp Hercules engine (4 cyl gas) on my 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor completely rebuilt in a local machine shop a few years ago. Cost: $800 parts, $800 labor in the machine shop. Engine reassembled to short block configuration.

Good luck.