1417 VS. GC2300

/ 1417 VS. GC2300 #1  

organ grinder

Bronze Member
Anyone have any experience with the MF 1417 or the GC2300 as far as overall tractor quality, quality of the finish mower cut, differences between the two models? I am mowing a little over an acre. Need to do so at same speed as present (45 minutes) and to be able to use 3 point for other implements. Prefer a mid-mount mower. Which would be the better tractor?

/ 1417 VS. GC2300 #2  
I have the GC2300. I use the FEL and a 4'tiller. I don't mow with it - tears up the lawn too much - I have AG tires for traction reasons. We mow about 2 acres and the wife is quite happy with her Murray 42" mower. It takes her about 2 hours to do the whole thing.

For what a MMM costs I can buy three more of the disposable Murrays. Also, the MMM would have to come off every time I was working in the woods or tilling.

Perhaps I would consider a 3-point finish mower if I had turf tires.

/ 1417 VS. GC2300 #3  
I also have the GC2300 with the mmm. Its cuts pretty good for a 60" deckl. I had a john deere L130 so this was a big step up for me and i think the 2300 cuts the grass better than the JD lawn mower did.

/ 1417 VS. GC2300 #4  
My GC2300 with the MMM cuts the yard great. I bought it to cut my lot, but end up mowing the yard with it a lot too. I have the ag tires and it doesn't tear anything up - of course I only mow when it's completely dry.

/ 1417 VS. GC2300 #5  
I have a GC2300 FEL, 60' MMM and I'm happy with the quality of the cut. Both the deck and FEL can be removed and replaced easily - after a couple of times that is ;). I was used to a mulching deck and at first was a bit disappointed with the clippings, but then I changed the way I mow and just blow everything into the woods on the perimeter. Takes a bit longer but it the results are great.