1538B backhoe

/ 1538B backhoe #1  

mbohuntr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
Does anyone know who makes these? I am looking into a thumb, and pricing ....
Thanks!
Mike

/ 1538B backhoe
FYI... SYSOP replied they are made by KMW on another post.. thanks Sysop!

/ 1538B backhoe #3  
FYI... SYSOP replied they are made by KMW on another post.. thanks Sysop!

Will you be getting a hydraulic thumb, or mechanical? If mechanical, be sure to shop around. My dealer was selling one for around $600, crazy money. I went elsewhere and save several hundred dollars.

/ 1538B backhoe
Will you be getting a hydraulic thumb, or mechanical? If mechanical, be sure to shop around. My dealer was selling one for around $600, crazy money. I went elsewhere and save several hundred dollars.
Mechanical, but I have no Idea where to start looking since they will be re-named by the different dealers..

/ 1538B backhoe #5  
   / 1538B backhoe #7  
Unfortunately, KMW only works with distributors... :(
Buy the backhoe from your Mahindra dealer, and the thumb from someone else, is what I'm suggesting. I'm not even sure you can still get a 3710 backhoe which is the model made for your 2615.

/ 1538B backhoe
Buy the backhoe from your Mahindra dealer, and the thumb from someone else, is what I'm suggesting. I'm not even sure you can still get a 3710 backhoe which is the model made for your 2615.

LOL!! The internet is so hard to share ideas... I should have said I sold the 2615, and bought a 1533 with 1538B hoe. I planned on buying the thumb at the dealer, but I wanted to check the price, and he still doesn't have it in stock after 6 weeks...

/ 1538B backhoe #9  
I think I paid 400 for my thumb from my dealer. He never had it "in stock". I told him on Thursday I wanted one. He picked up the phone and told me to come and get it Monday. I got it Monday.

/ 1538B backhoe #10  
I paid $600 from dealer for the thumb made for my eMax 22 backhoe. It fit up perfect and no welding is required. The construction looked good but after a few uses the tooth ends both bent. My neighbor has an after market on his Massy and it was welded on and is much more heavy duty than the Mahindra factory thumb. I was in a hurry to buy and didn't want to wait and search the net big mistake. Take time and find a quality thumb.