1600T doesn’t doesn’t cut thick grass

/ 1600T doesn’t doesn’t cut thick grass #11  
What drives the hydraulic pump that drives the decks? Is it gear driven or belt driven?

Last edited:
   / 1600T doesn’t doesn’t cut thick grass
   / 1600T doesn’t doesn’t cut thick grass #13  
I see there are relief valves in the mow control valve. Those would control total hydraulic pressure available to the decks. There is also a mulch kit with block off plates for the decks. If that kit is installed, the clippings would not be able to escape the decks and grass would build up. It doesn't appear that rough-cut decks are available.

/ 1600T doesn’t doesn’t cut thick grass #14  
We change all the filters and keep the factory John Deere blades sharp. We mow twice a week in the spring until the growth slows down.

1. We mow twice a week until it slows down in late June. I don’t mow the grass when it’s wet because I don’t want to tear up the lawn.
2. We sharpen the blades often and our belts are tight.
3. It’s not in park.
4. We change filters on a scheduled basis. One of our employees is a John Deere certified mechanic.
Then he will be able to analyze what the problem is that you are having. We don't have enough information from your description of the problem.

/ 1600T doesn’t doesn’t cut thick grass #15  
I disagree to above statement that the jd wam 1600T is a finishing mower. I think its a rough ground mower.
I have mown grass that is around 1 ft high,
Ive owned and used one for 2 years and still use it on a regular basis.
When working mine hard on long grass it slows down the blade speed if travel speed is moderate to fast. This happens sooner in hot conditions.
I suspect a restricted suction strainer at the bottom of the hyd tank. It performs better with a new hyd filter.
Once this season warms up I will fit a vacuum gauge to the suction line so I can monitor for restriction.