1610D Koyker 110 baffled!

/ 1610D Koyker 110 baffled! #11  
Thanks a lot!

I had downloaded just about all the K-xxx loader manuals because these loaders are super popular on the Yanmars and John Deere machines.

I tried to cut-n-paste the spread sheet here, but TBN didn't like that format.

Model # HP ASAE Info Photo Gallery Manuals Literature
Model 50 10/25/20 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 80 12/25/20 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 120 14-30 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 125 14-30 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 140 15-30 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 145 - 1 3/4” Cyl. 20-45 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 145 - 2” Cyl. 20-45 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 155 - 1 3/4” Cyl. 20-45 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 155 - 2” Cyl. 20-45 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 160 - 1 3/4” Cyl. 20-45 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 160 - 2” Cyl. 20-45 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 180 30-60 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 185 - 2 1/4” Cyl. 30-60 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 185 - 2” Cyl. 30-60 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 185 30-60 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 190 30-60 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 195 - 2 1/4” Cyl. 30-60 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 195 - 2” Cyl. 30-60 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 220 30-75 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 235 30-80 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 245 30-80 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 310 45-90 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 315 45-90 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 345 45-90 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 385 45-90 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 445 60-115 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 510 60-160 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 545 80-135 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 585 90-180 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 600 90-180 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 645 90-180 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
Model 785 145-275 Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
1585 PRO Loader Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
2585 PRO Loader Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature
2785 PRO Loader Info Photo Gallery Manual Literature

Last edited:
   / 1610D Koyker 110 baffled!
Also, it looks like your loader only has a supply and return. No power beyond. I would assume one hose is coming from the pump....where is the return hose going? If it is going onward to feed your 3ph it really should be a power beyond circuit.

Who installed the original loader? Not having a power beyond can be the problem. Because when raising or lowering the loader....the oil that is expelled out of the cylinder has to return to tank through the tank port. And if you are using that tank port to feed the 3ph that should be fed from a pb....you are trying to force that oil through the 3ph valve also. Which could explain why the 3ph is now having an effect on loader performance
Tractor came just like you see it. I’ve had it ten years. It has worked perfectly until about a year or two ago when the loader “UP” speed started degrading. Just 2 hoses to and from engine and FEL control pictured. I will have to look again to see if hoses branch off somewhere to the rear but if so, not obvious. I think 3-point plumbing is internal to transaxle? Is that correct Winston?

I had downloaded just about all the K-xxx loader manuals because these loaders are super popular on the Yanmars and John Deere machines.
Now I just have to find it in this IPhone!🥴🤣

What does the loader do if the 3ph is in a mod position. Neither all the way up or all the way down.
Will check after rain stops later today.

Also, it looks like your loader only has a supply and return. No power beyond. I would assume one hose is coming from the pump....where is the return hose going? If it is going onward to feed your 3ph it really should be a power beyond circuit.

Who installed the original loader? Not having a power beyond can be the problem. Because when raising or lowering the loader....the oil that is expelled out of the cylinder has to return to tank through the tank port. And if you are using that tank port to feed the 3ph that should be fed from a pb....you are trying to force that oil through the 3ph valve also. Which could explain why the 3ph is now having an effect on loader performance
Setup is unchanged from 10 years that I have owned it Other than replacing hydraulic valve under seat 5 years ago (3-point drop control lever rusted in) and rebuilding curl cylinders 3 years ago. FEL lift speed just started degrading about a year or so ago. All normal for 8 previous years. FEL install is definitely professionally done.

/ 1610D Koyker 110 baffled! #17  
Tractor came just like you see it. I’ve had it ten years. It has worked perfectly until about a year or two ago when the loader “UP” speed started degrading. Just 2 hoses to and from engine and FEL control pictured. I will have to look again to see if hoses branch off somewhere to the rear but if so, not obvious. I think 3-point plumbing is internal to transaxle? Is that correct Winston?
I think yours is plumbed without power beyond as a good portion of these old Yanmars are. May not be ideal but is working for lot's of folks. Just straight through loader valve from pump, then outlet from loader valve right back to 3 point control valve.

My thought on possible 3 point cylinder leaking badly was it could possibly be putting excess back pressure on your loader valve if the 3 point was constantly needing pressure to maintain set height. Just a thought, probably not correct.

Raise 3 point with load, kill engine, close lock valve and see if or how fast the 3 point goes down. All this with loader down. This should tell you if your 3 point lift piston and seal are in good shape.
Finally got around to t-shooting this thing. Swapped the lines at the control valves. Problem did not swap sides. Curl works on both controls, so the lift cylinders are at the hydraulic shop for a rebuild. Unfortunately, just talked to the shop and they are having a time getting them apart. He's been soaking them in solvent for a couple of days and will try again this weekend. He advised to go ahead and try to source some more cylinders, so if you know of anybody who has any for a Koyker 110 off the top of your head, I'd appreciate it. Looks like new ones are about 6-$700 a piece.

/ 1610D Koyker 110 baffled! #19  
Finally got around to t-shooting this thing. Swapped the lines at the control valves. Problem did not swap sides. Curl works on both controls, so the lift cylinders are at the hydraulic shop for a rebuild. Unfortunately, just talked to the shop and they are having a time getting them apart. He's been soaking them in solvent for a couple of days and will try again this weekend. He advised to go ahead and try to source some more cylinders, so if you know of anybody who has any for a Koyker 110 off the top of your head, I'd appreciate it. Looks like new ones are about 6-$700 a piece.
He needs to soak it in DEEP CREEP in an ultrasonic parts cleaner overnight. Sounds like it's really locked up. This is the same way I fix fuel injectors.